Human Resources Business Partner, Change & Capabilities
- Leduc County, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
The HR Business Partner, Change & Capabilities (C&C) reports to the Manager, Organizational Effectiveness (OE) and is a member of the Human Resources Team & Organizational Effectiveness team. The HR Business Partner, C&C will support in leading the organization through technological and business changes resulting from projects, programs, and initiatives occurring in Edmonton Airports. This includes assisting with stakeholder outreach and engagement, development of change plans and guiding and advising on all change and transition and communication activities for projects/initiatives. In addition to supporting the organizational change, the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the delivery of learning and development objectives that support the strategic and operational priorities of Edmonton Airports to help build the organization’s overall capacity for learning and transformation.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support in the development of the Employee Change and Transition and Communications plans and detailed ECT scheduled of activities for projects, programs, initiatives, identifying user adoption gaps and risks, learning, communications and training needs for specific initiatives.
- Advise and consult with internal and external stakeholders to determine change requirements to support and provide subject matter expertise in support of developing and executing ECT plans with related activities that maximize employee adoption and usage, while minimizing resistance.
- Support business leaders to conduct capability and knowledge transfer, to ensure joint ownership and accountability with the impacted business areas for implementing ECT plans utilizing the ECT Guide and Toolkit.
- Provide support to internal partners by helping them identify, create and action roadmaps that include learning objectives and outcomes for their departments.
- Maintain open and transparent communication with internal partners to ensure needs and objectives are being met by providing educational and awareness building opportunities to raise collective understanding of learning and development best practices and approaches.
- Post-secondary education in employee change and transition, communication, human resources, or related field (CPHR designation considered an asset)
- Knowledge of leading industry practices including applied behavior sciences, adult learning theory, systems thinking, group development, organizational psychology
- Formal Change Management Training
- Knowledge of employee change and transition principles and methodologies
- Ability to assess employee change and transition needs, and apply logical approach to identifying required change and transition initiatives that support process or technology adoption
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Project management skills (schedule preparation, project plans and status reports)
- Process management and problem solving
- Ability to produce positive results in new and uncertain environments
- Superior planning, organizing and prioritizing skills
1 Full-Time, Permanent Position; Poster #2019-08
REPORTS TO: Manager, Organizational Effectiveness
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSTING DATE: February 7, 2019 (Internal)
CLOSING DATE: February 172019 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)