Grounds Staff (University/College)
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Foreman, the successful candidates will assist the Field Maintenance/Airport Operations Team with grounds maintenance at Edmonton International Airport. Responsibilities consist of litter clean-up, garbage removal, weed trimming, grass mowing, and flower care (weeding/watering). The Grounds Staff will also assist in equipment and shop cleaning, tarring, painting, patch paving and may be required to operate the light fleet of trucks and other equipment and will perform other duties as required.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· General maintenance duties include litter pick up groundside and airside, emptying and cleaning garbage cans in all areas, cleaning up cigarette butts and emptying and cleaning butt cans in all areas, tarring, painting, pressure washing sidewalks, pedways and parkades, cleaning up pet and human waste and maintaining all areas for ASQ results.
· Landscaping duties include mowing, trimming, weed control, water foliage, pruning trees and bushes and harrowing or levelling.
· Must be able to operate various small equipment such as weed eaters, back pack blowers and vacuums, lawn mowers, gators, riding mowers small sweepers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, rakes, shovels, forks, roto tillers and other hand tools.
· Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as well as incident prevention, hazard assessments, incident reporting and help keep a safe work place for all staff.
· Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
· Successful candidate must be a student currently enrolled in a post-secondary program, or registered to attend one in the fall. Transcript or proof of enrollment must be provided with submission of application.
· Preference will be given to candidates with directly related experience and/or education
· Ability to lift and carry up to 25 kg is required
· Successful candidate will have a proven history of working well within a team-oriented environment
· Must have valid Class 5 Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent); current clean driver’s abstract must be provided with application and maintained during employment
· Must be willing to work a shift schedule (including weekends) on a 4 on, 4 off rotation; availability for overtime, standby and call back situations is required
· Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate airport security clearance, acceptable criminal record check and Airport Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP) is required
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature
8 Full-Time, University/College Summer Students (May to August); Poster #2019-21
REPORTS TO: Foreman
SALARY: $19.00 to $22.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: March 12, 2019 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: March 22, 2019 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)