- Edmonton International Airport, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate IT, the Server Administrator is accountable for the provision of network services to meet the company’s needs by configuring and maintaining the necessary hardware and software on network servers. The Server Administrator has specialist knowledge in all things related to server storage and backup systems and will execute the lifecycle maintenance of server systems. This includes managing the overall server security and integration of the active directory, ensuring adequate system backups are in place for business resumption/disaster recovery, and monitoring & implementing change management controls. This position has strong cross-functional linkages to all SBUs.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform proactive monitoring and maintenance of server operation event logs to ensure maximum availability of network services to users.
- Perform audits to ensure network security is maintained.
- Monitor the health and capacities of our backup and storage servers to provide input to the lifecycle capital planning of these resources.
- Ensure adequate systems backups are in place and regularly imaged for execution of the Business Resumption/Disaster Recovery plan.
- Maintain clear and complete documentation of server installations and configurations for execution of the Business Recovery/Disaster Recovery plan.
- Related technical degree with 2 years’ experience or technical diploma with 4 years’ experience in a corporate setting
- VMware Administration training (formal or informal)
- Experience with Dell Power Edge Servers and Blade Server chassis
- General knowledge of Internet technologies (SMTP gateways, Internet Directory Services, DHS, HTTP, FTP)
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies and SAN ISCSI storage technology
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills in stressful and time-sensitive situations
- Commitment to superior customer service by engaging users in resolution process
- Demonstrated ability to work with initiative, motivation and minimal management are required
- Successful candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain airport security clearance
Full-Time, Permanent; Poster #2014-10
REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate IT
BAND: 8 (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $39.06 to $43.32 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: January 21, 2014 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2014