- Edmonton International Airport, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
Reporting to the Crew Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidates will be responsible to assist skilled trades positions by performing a variety of tasks. They will perform routine manual work associated with the maintenance, servicing, inspection and cleaning of equipment and other related duties. They are also tasked with ensuring that all the shops, utility rooms, and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition. A certain degree of physical activity is required in this position. This position is required to work a 12 hour day and night shift schedule with a cycle of four on five off.
- Grade 12 diploma. An equivalent combination of education and applicable experience will be considered.
- Exposure to preventative and predictive maintenance programs will be considered an asset
- Mechanical or electrical background would be considered an asset
- Experience in the use of power and hand tools
- Proven experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Previous safety training is preferred, including WHMIS and First Aid
- Demonstrated abilities in effective communication skills with both internal and external customers and multi-disciplinary teams
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate Airport Security Clearance and acceptable criminal record check are required
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature.
Trades Helper required
Full-Time, Permanent Poster 2014-24
REPORTS TO: Crew Maintenance Superintendent
BAND: 3 (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $23.88 - $26.49 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: March 10, 2014 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: March 20, 2014