- Edmonton International Airport, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
The IT Assistant will assist the IT Analysts with support of the Phone, Campus Area Network, Parking and common use passenger processing systems and infrastructure.
- The successful candidate, returning to post-secondary schooling; college or university education in the IT field, is considered an asset
- Must have working knowledge of company supported applications including Windows XP/7 Professional in a Windows 2003/2008 domain environment
- Preference given to candidates with experience providing support for the Corporate Suite of Applications, primarily Microsoft Office 2007; must have the ability to learn and support new applications
- Basic knowledge of Networking (TCPIP, DHCP, DNS) and cabling is required.
- The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills
- Candidate will have demonstrated above average interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work productively and efficiently both independently and as a part of a team
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to take initiative and work productively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to identify and manage changing priorities
- The successful candidate will have the ability to lift up to 20Kg as the work may include moving and racking of servers and other equipment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a corporate environment, including adherence to a business casual dress code
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check
Full-Time, Summer Position; Poster # 2014-39
REPORTS TO: Manager, Airport IT
SALARY: $19.00 - $22.00
POSTING DATE: May 1, 2014 (Internal/external)
CLOSING DATE: May 11, 2014 or until a suitable candidate is found