Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Edmonton International Airport, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
Reporting to the Finance manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for generating invoices, processing and reconciling accounts receivable balances, assisting in the analysis and reporting of various revenue streams and ensuring compliance with operating and lease agreements. This position is extremely detail oriented; requires a high level of accuracy and strong judgment, excellent communication skills to establish day-to-day contact with internal and external customers, preparing ad-hoc reports and supports the collection process and other duties as required.
- 3 year accounting diploma from an accredited educational institution is required with accounts receivable experience; equivalent combinations of work experience and education may be considered.
- Lease billing experience and knowledge of IFRS standards & practices an asset
- Experience and knowledge of computerized accounting and financial systems and an ability to use financial analysis software (Excel, Access) at an intermediate level is required; strong data entry abilities
- Solid understanding of and experience with policies, procedures, internal controls specific to accounts receivable and revenue recognition, and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards is required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet tight deadlines and identify and manage changing priorities are required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills with both internal and external clients along with effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and accountable; demonstrating a willingness to contribute to team efforts in a positive manner.
- Ability to secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check is required.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Full-Time, Permanent Poster #2014-54
REPORTS TO: Manager, Finance
BAND: 4A (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $27.60 to $30.39 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: May 13, 2014 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: May 23, 2014