Sr. Flash Developer
- unknown, Ottawa, Canada
Fuel Industries is the intersection of advertising and entertainment - where enjoyment meets solid business strategy. We marry the best strategists and creative minds with an army of in house experts in the fields of animation, design, film and video production, sound design, music and online programming.
As technology changes, people change with it. Reaching your customer is no longer as easy as airing a 30-second spot in primetime - it requires breaking through filters. That's where we come in. Starting from piercing insight and strategy, we create entertaining experiences around your brands that resonate with your audience and create lasting impressions.
We are the evolution of interactive marketing. We are branded entertainment evolved.
Senior Flash Developers are responsible for helping to define and design projects as well as build, test, and debug/troubleshoot web applications and games. The ideal candidate is a strong-team player that can be counted on to develop innovative solutions as well as champion best practices and approaches. As a senior member of the team, it is expected that that developers will be able to mentor and work with more junior members of the team provide oversight and direction.
Required Skills & Experience
- Define project requirements & estimates, ensuring it works within the overall project scope
- Work with the developers to identify & deliver tasks, managing production & deliverables within the team
- Work with the Producer on specific programs to understand key timings, always working with these in mind
- Setting & maintaining code standards
- Responsible for code reviews with each developer, mentoring & training in all development
- Work with Art Directors, Creative Directors, Flash/Server/Design leads
- Work through all production aspects of the project from prepping design elements and exporting them into flash to taking part in the visual conceptual design process of a site
- Produce tech presentation materials for new project opportunities
- Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve quality
- Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and share your insights with the studio
- Work with the overall teach leads to ensure stability of all ongoing development & integration, as well as the live site maintenance
Additional Skills & Experience
- Able to manage stress
- Able to drive teams to an extreme level of quality and performance on deadline
- Strong ability to scope flash work accurately and in-line with time and cost constraints
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and collaborate across project phases with internal and client teams
- Ability to propose and recommend creative solutions as well as communicate them clearly and effectively
- Must be a proactive team player and have strong collaboration skills across all levels and situations
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding
- Intense attention to performance and optimization techniques, as well as implementing good practices
- Positive and outgoing can-do attitude
- Excellent team-building, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Up to date on the latest technologies and their capabilities while sharing these advancements with their teams members
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in high pressure situations
- Willingness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges
- Excellent time management skills
- Absolute passion for making great games.
- 3+ years experience writing advanced Actionscript 2 & 3 for Flash applications, standalones, as well as integrated server-side web applications and experiences
- Thorough knowledge of Flash, Flex, and AIR’s APIs
- Experience parsing eternal data (XML, json, etc.) with Actionscript to load dynamic content
- Expertise using and implementing Omniture, Google Analytics and/or other tracking systems
- Experience coding complex event handling systems and advanced transitions/animations in Flash
- Experience integrating progressive and streaming video
- A thorough understanding of the concepts behind object oriented programming and several years experience implementing OOP concepts with Actionscript
- Proficient knowledge of the Flash IDE and Flex Builder (or Flash Builder or FDT).
- Knowledge of and experience with source/version control systems
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience
- Asset Integration experience
Please send a copy of your resume to Jennifer Townsend at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for someone for an exciting project and need to hire immediately.