.NET Team Lead
- Department: Development
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: Software
- Location: Remote
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to provide both the technical leadership for change within a given area or platform and to advocate for a talented team of software engineers. You will be both player and coach dividing your time 80/20 between hands on delivery and team duties.
- Provides technical leadership within one or more platforms or projects to ensure best possible value solutions and outcomes are achieved.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain existing and new applications.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing and promoting good practices and habits. Staying abreast of latest industry techniques and thinking.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders such as Product Owners, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters to produce accurate delivery estimates, early-stage discovery, risks, and challenges to enable meaningful roadmaps and commercial decisions to be made.
- Continuously seeking ways to improve quality, value for money, customer experience and optimising team productivity.
- Line manager and advocate for a team of software engineers, performing regular 1-to-1s, managing individual level commutation, annual leave, absence and escalating any issues to engineering manager where necessary.
- Responsible either directly or indirectly for the coaching, mentoring and development of your team members as well as working with engineering management to monitor and measure performance where necessary.
- Recruitment, Interviewing assessing technical and team fit suitability of candidates and making recommendations to hiring managers.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Microsoft .NET stack & technologies
- Technical leadership within software engineering and delivery space.
- Building & fostering high performing teams and positive cultures.
- Solid knowledge of Agile engineering principles & practices.
- Solid knowledge of software architecture, frameworks, and design patterns.
- Experience of working with Azure Dev Ops, JIRA or equivariant tracking tool.
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy