Midweight UX/UI Designer
- Department: Platform Product Management
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: Product Design
- Salary: up to £55,000 D.O.E + Comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Hybrid/Remote
We’re growing and are looking for a Midweight UX/UI Designer to join our product design team. You will utilise skills, knowledge and experience gained through working in a digital design role to design user interfaces for web applications.
You will work effectively, aligned to the development lifecycle ensuring effective communication and consultation with stakeholders and customers in designing fit for purpose solutions.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Every detail counts, from the flat design to the small interaction details. You sweat the small stuff, care and understand that the details make up the whole.
- You should be able to work independently or as part of a group, seeking assistance from the team and other stakeholders when needed.
- Great ideas can come from anywhere, so bringing your creative ideas to the table for entirely new concepts or helping to build on something existing is a critical skill.
- Create highly usable experience solutions that meet client needs and exceed expectations.
- Proactively helping build the team's design culture with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn and push oneself.
What you’ll be working on:
- Utilise your tried and tested UX and UI design skills at all stages of the design process, including research, ideation, prototyping, and UI design.
- Carry out usability testing and other forms of validation to improve and iterate your designs.
- Contribute towards the company's creative culture by helping to drive awareness and understanding of design throughout.
- Proficient designer, can be self-taught, with experience using design tools and systems such as Figma.
- Ability to showcase your capabilities and workflows to stakeholders.
- Background in Fintech is preferable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Experience of developing web-based platforms and managing them on a day-to-day basis alongside managing business as usual requests.
- Comfortable working with an agile methodology.
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy