Senior Engineer (Perl)
- Department: Development
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: Software
- Salary: up to £60,000 D.O.E + Comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Remote UK or Brno, Czech
To maintain and develop the product portfolio to meet our customers current and future requirements, whilst helping to drive forward a strong software engineering culture within the team.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Collaborate with other Software Developers, Business Analysts and Software Architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain existing and new applications.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing or maintaining consistency with existing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Support deployment of releases.
- Adhere to DWS’s development principles while delivering solutions.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Plan and implement strategies to migrate legacy code bases to modern standards and/or technologies.
- Working closely with Development Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
- Directly or indirectly coaching, mentoring and development of more junior team members.
- Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress.
- Contributing to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Proven experience working in a Software Development role across the full software development lifecycle.
- Passion for well designed, testable and efficient code using design patterns and quality development principles.
- Experience of developing medium to large scale Perl applications
- Experience of a modern, web based MVC framework e.g. Mojolicious/Dancer/Catalyst
- Experience of Version Control e.g. GIT
- Experience of Unit Testing, Integration Testing
- Knowledge of OOP, MVC, JSON/XML APIs
- Experience working with Relational Databases + ORM
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy