IT Support Engineer
- Department: Platform Operations
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: Platforms
- Salary: up to £27,000 p.a. DOE
- Location: Hybrid - aligned to the Hull office, minimum expectation is to be in the office 2 days a week, rest of the week can be worked from home
Working in a small dynamic team within the wider Platform Operations area, you will help maintain and develop our platform & systems as well support partners remotely across the Group. This will be a great opportunity for you if you are looking to use and develop your skills across a wide range of systems & technologies. You should be ready to hit the ground running in a busy working environment within our growing business.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide 1st and 2nd Line support across Giacom
- Manage support, defect & change requests
- Take ownership of issues and incidents, identifying appropriate solutions to bring to resolution.
- Assist in development of platform systems and internal processes.
- Provide the pro-active monitoring of systems to ensure maximum availability and performance.
- Help create and maintain a set of business and technology processes around Incident & Problem Management.
- Be the 1st layer of escalation for support, defect or change issues to help co-ordinate with Product, Architecture and Engineering to help resolve.
- Help drive innovation within your team, Platform Operations, and the wider business.
- A driven and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in technology and the ability to organise and self-manage.
- Proven experience working within customer service, including telephony-based and Microsoft Teams Voice support
- Previous experience of working within a technical background would be preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and ITIL is desirable, however, this is not essential as full training will be provided
- Strong communication skills required - verbal and written
- Team player with 'can do' attitude.
- Enjoy problem-solving and helping others.
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy