.NET Senior Software Engineer
- Department: Development
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: Software
- Location: Remote
As a result of continued growth, we have opportunities to join our talented pool of software engineers in our development and operations team. You will be helping to drive forward best development practices, implement and build out new features and existing functionality and joining a team which puts quality at the heart of everything it does.
This role offers the right candidate and opportunity to further develop their skills across the full stack of software development, working on modern, cloud-based platforms (C#/.NET Core/Azure/AWS), utilising modern front-end frameworks (Angular, React) and taking the software all the way through to deployment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Collaborate with other software engineers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain existing and new applications.
- Communicate progress of work, challenges & design decisions during relevant agile ceremonies keeping appropriate scrum/Kanban boards up to date.
- Participate and engage in key with agile practices, refinement, planning and retrospectives.
- Develop high standards of code which adhere to best practice staying abreast of latest industry techniques and thinking.
- Coaching and mentoring members of the team in our software engineering practices.
- Help to drive a strong engineering culture focusing on appropriate practices. Ensure adherence to our software engineering practices and delivery methodologies.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Support releases to various environment stages, including production.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders such as Product Owners, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters to produce accurate delivery estimates, early-stage discovery, risks, and challenges to enable meaningful decisions to be made.
- Good experience and knowledge of Microsoft .NET stack & technologies
- Knowledge and experience of working in agile environments.
- Knowledge of software architecture, frameworks, and design patterns.
- Experience developing Web Service/API’s (SOAP/REST)
- Strong experience of Relational Databases (MYSQL, MSSQL).
- Experience of working with Azure Dev Ops, JIRA or equivariant tracking tool.
- Experience of delivering software into SaaS / Cloud
- Experience of CI / CD and test automation including performance testing
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our Recruitment privacy notice, please follow this link and select option 8 to view - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy