Senior Software Developer - UK Based
- Department: Development
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Location: Home based with some travel to London/Richmond occasionally
To be key part of a growing, highly skilled, and supportive team of developers producing elegant, high-quality code. Incorporating efficient use of best practices to deliver robust solutions whilst meeting key deadlines.
This role would suit a Software Engineer who is driven to think outside of the box to provide exceptional solutions, enjoys navigating the challenges of working with lots of different teams in a fast-paced environment to deliver multi-platform software. Someone who enjoys sharing their skills and experience to help drive continuous improvement, whilst proactively keeping up with the latest development trends.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analysing business requirements to ensure clear understanding in preparation for; writing code that creates new programs and/or writing code that creates new programs that satisfy requirements.
- Ensuring quality is maintained throughout the software development lifecycle in its entirety while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Assist with analysing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Collaborate with Management, Product Owners, technical authorities, other engineers, and customers to create robust, scalable solutions.
- Actively passionate about discovery and self-learning of new technology, methods, and relevant industry trends and sharing these with the team.
- Active participation in agile activities.
- To preserve information security, report security breaches, in line with the and to act in accordance with the requirements of the Information Security Management System.
- Expertise in ASP.NET (MVC, Web API).
- Expertise in Entity Framework, LINQ, C#/VB.NET.
- Advanced experience in TFS, T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server,HTML & CSS.
- Proven commercial experience as a Senior Full Stack Developer.
- Ability to adhere to coding standards, ‘best practice’ methods and company procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with dedication to quality code.
- Flexible, Enthusiastic, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Happy to embrace change.
- Ability and drive to pull out all the stops to achieve tight deadlines.
- CEFR English language proficiency equivalent to level C1 or above.
- Proactive and self-motivated - the ability to work unsupervised. great organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Capable of generating and implementing new ideas and learning from experiences.
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our Recruitment privacy notice, please follow this link and select option 8 to view - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy