- Department: Data
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: Data and Analytics
- Salary: up to £95,000 DOE + Comprehensive benefits package
- Duration: Fixed Term - 12 Months
- Location: Remote with the expectation to travel to Giacom office locations.
The Data and Analytics Team is a new team at the heart of supporting Giacom’s ambition to become a truly data driven business. Data needs to be treated as a valuable business asset and the flow of data around the business designed to maximise our ability to derive value from it and to meet our business objectives, be that through reporting, insights and analytics generation or influencing our daily engagement with customers in the many ways that data can make possible.
As the Enterprise Information Architect, you play a key role in achieving this vision. You will be responsible for designing and managing the overall information architecture of our business. Formulating the Giacom Information Strategy and ensuring our understanding of the data we have and it’s path through our systems. You will work to break down any data silos and promote data sharing across the organization. You will be instrumental in ensuring that our information assets are aligned with business goals, compliant with regulations, and optimized for efficiency and performance.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Formulate and champion our Information Architecture Strategy. This will include designing Information Integration Strategies, agreeing data sharing protocols and metadata management.
- Creation and Maintenance of an Enterprise Information Model
- Chair and Manage our new Data Architecture and Design Forum to ensure that right architectural decisions are made with regards to Data within the business.
- Provide Architectural guidance and direction for the flow and use of data within Giacom.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Several years of proven experience in information architecture, data modeling, and data management.
- Strong knowledge of database management systems, data integration tools, and ETL processes.
- Expertise in data governance, data quality, and data security.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Preferred Skills: Certification in Enterprise Architecture or Information Management (e.g., Certified Information Management Professional, TOGAF).
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our Recruitment privacy notice, please follow this link and select option 8 to view - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy