Senior Data Engineer
- Department: Data
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware, and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: Central Data Team
- Salary: Up to £70,000 DOE + Comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Hybrid - Nelson (minimum 3 days a week in office)
The Central Data team has been developed to be the single point of truth about the partner across the total business. Using data lead findings, we can harness the vital power of our data to deliver strong, profitable, and meaningful recommendations and actions that will continue to drive greater revenue for the business and improved experiences for our partners.
In essence the data team is a centralised place where KPIs can evaluate the variations across the three brands, highlighting the strengths of each and the areas for suggested improvements.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for scoping, designing, and implementing data engineering and data architecture elements of use cases, reviewing, and assuring the technical feasibility of solutions and identifying technical skills required to deliver and support them. As a technical leader, you will write, deploy, and maintain code, help monitor cloud resource spend, peer review code enforcing standards and best practice, help design delivery roadmaps and plans, build, and maintain effective stakeholder relationships, driving improvements and business value.
In this role, you will develop knowledge of best-in-class AWS cloud data and analytics solutions, staying well-informed of industry best-practice and new technologies.
You will support the team by leading, coaching, developing and mentoring squad members, creating positive engagement and driving an inclusive work environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Participate in efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions and services.
- Build data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using different AWS products such as Lambda, Glue, Lake Formation, Athena, EMR.
- Maintain and enhance existing data pipelines.
- Interface with cross functional teams, gathering requirements and delivering data solutions.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities to automate tasks and develop reusable frameworks.
- Contribute to the exploration and understanding of new tools and techniques and propose improvements to the data pipeline.
- Implement standardised, automated operational and quality control processes to deliver accurate and timely data and reporting to meet or exceed SLAs.
- Collaborate with the other engineering team members to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into existing platforms.
- Review functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Support the team by leading, coaching, developing and mentoring squad.
- Provide technical write-ups and drawings to promote the proposed solutions.
- Working understanding of Agile, Scrum, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup principles.
- Strong experience with data engineering using AWS data stack.
- Strong experience with Python.
- Strong Experience with SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience with Databricks, Spark.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing data sets from multiple sources.
- Proficiency in the DevOps style of software deployment (infrastructure-as-code) using Terraform/Terragrunt.
- Deep hands-on experience designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining, and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments.
- Familiar with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Scrip
- Experience with concepts such as Data Marts, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes.
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our Recruitment privacy notice, please follow this link and select option 8 to view - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy