Service Desk Analyst
- Department: Billing Operations
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: Giacom Billing - Support
- Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience + comprehensive benefits package.
- Location: Nelson (minimum 3 days a week in office)
Working as part of a busy and dynamic service desk team, the role will require you to act as first point of contact for our industry leading billing software platforms raised via our Zendesk ticket management platform.
Working within an ITIL framework you will provide support to an established client base including some of the UK’s largest telecommunications brands.
The Service Desk Analyst should be an experienced customer-focused individual capable handling questions and incidents; triaging and troubleshooting tickets and providing solutions by way of resolution or sharing articles from our customer knowledge base.
You will communicate with customers via telephone, ticketing platform, email, collaboration software, eChat and our ticket management platform (Zendesk) to provide a high quality well-articulated responses in accordance with the service level agreements (SLAs) with our partners.
You should expect to be given responsibility early on and will be fully supported by an experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable team. You should have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to the role with the ability to work under your own initiative.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone technically minded who thrives on providing first class customer service and who is looking to progress their career with a successful and growing software business.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Act as 1st point of contact for support engagements via telephone, eChat and our ticket management platform (Zendesk).
- Accurately categorise and prioritise enquiries and incidents raised by partners and colleagues on our Zendesk ticket management platform.
- Resolve non-technical ticket such as user account configuration, modifying permissions and maintaining customer records.
- Deliver an exceptional customer service experience by ensuring that tickets are responded to and updated in a professional manner and in accordance with customer SLAs.
- Prioritise and manage personal tickets ensuring clients are kept up to date with progress in all instances.
- Analyse system and software log files to diagnose causes of possible software problems.
- Triage and troubleshoot technical issues providing resolutions where possible or detailed diagnostics where support from technical teams is required,
- Support the major incident management and problem management processes as required.
- Identify and highlight trends in repeat support tickets to proactively reduce avoidable incidents and propose enhancements to avoid repeat.
- Monitoring tickets to ensure senior staff are informed about issues before they escalate.
- Contribute towards the maintenance of the company’s internal support documentation and knowledge base.
- Willing to learn how to support new technologies and products as they are developed and released.
- Contribution towards team Key Performance indicator (KPIs) and objectives.
- Preserve information security, report security breaches, in line with the Information Security Policy, and to act in accordance with the requirements of the Information Security Billing Management System.
- Implement and adhere to all aspects of Union Streets Total Metering and Billing Systems (TMBS) regulations.
- Proven experience working in a support environment, including telephony-based customer service experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with people possessing various degrees of technical understanding.
- Technically minded with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and follow best practice business processes.
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to multitask and respond well under pressure.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise work effectively.
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our Recruitment privacy notice, please follow this link and select option 8 to view - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy