Sr. Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
- Arlington, VA
GTP is committed to providing valuable business and technology consulting services with excellent customer support and timely delivery of client solutions. We believe in strong partnerships which result in rapid ROI and high quality deliverables.
We keep up with the latest trends in the industry and utilize the most appropriate processes and technologies that fit long-term client needs.
Our core focus supports rapid change management initiatives. We utilize Agile, Scrum, and Lean principles and leverage open source technologies, architecture and frameworks to best solve your problems. Our solutions and services support enable the cost-effective management of business systems, and uniquely support both flexibility and controls as defined through the requirements engineering process. Our people, process, and technology expertise allow us to deliver services and solutions that support the agility to embrace the changes of the future.
Partner with us in Enabling your Agile Enterprise!
Senior Software Engineer (Ruby)
Location – Preferred Washington, DC will consider Chicago, IL as well.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails). Specifically, the Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails) will utilize his/her extensive Ruby on Rails experience to join our team enhancing a social web application to support the Client. This web application, deployed on a commercial cloud, provides event management and social networking capabilities to its community of approximately 5,000 users.
The Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails) will lead the technical team in developing new features and enhancements for the web application. He/She will lead the team in estimating and executing the system requirements, taking user stories and transforming them into new or enhanced system functionality. He/She will monitor and provide support to the Intermediate and Junior Engineers and conduct regular code reviews. The Senior Software Engineer will play a leading role in all scrum meetings including daily scrums, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives.
Specific Job Duties:
- Lead a small (<5) person team in agile scrum-based development
- Manage a team that will include people working remotely across the country
- Break down complex projects into clear tasks and specs
- Create innovative solutions for client priorities
- Lead and facilitate team participation in code reviews
The web application already provides significant networking and event support capabilities. The 2013 development work will include user interface enhancements, API-based integrations, and new system features.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field preferred
- 5+ years of web application software development experience
- Must have 3+ years of software project leadership experience
- Requires experience leading a technical group
- Experience developing web applications and full-stack knowledge of web technologies
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails software development
- Experience working in a fast-paced, small business environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple, concurrent activities with short turn-around times with multiple internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Candidates must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation
We are committed to excellence, and we are passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and, in turn, we offer a work environment that fosters the same.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org