Sr. Android Developer
- Vienna, VA
GTP is committed to providing valuable business and technology consulting services with excellent customer support and timely delivery of client solutions. We believe in strong partnerships which result in rapid ROI and high quality deliverables.
We keep up with the latest trends in the industry and utilize the most appropriate processes and technologies that fit long-term client needs.
Our core focus supports rapid change management initiatives. We utilize Agile, Scrum, and Lean principles and leverage open source technologies, architecture and frameworks to best solve your problems. Our solutions and services support enable the cost-effective management of business systems, and uniquely support both flexibility and controls as defined through the requirements engineering process. Our people, process, and technology expertise allow us to deliver services and solutions that support the agility to embrace the changes of the future.
Partner with us in Enabling your Agile Enterprise!
As a Software Engineer working on our Android app, you will be responsible for the mobile face
to our customer’s end users. From the News feed and Task list, to the custom UIs our
customers design on our platform, you must make them look good and perform well on any
modern Android device. Your scope extends from RESTful web API design on the server, to the
Android-specific renderer for our cross-platform user interface framework, to the final user
experience of the app.
Platform: You are at ease with Java as a language, as well as design patterns like MVC, anonymous
classes, dependency injection and threading. You could teach others what they are and how/why to
use them. You understand Android features like Adapters, AsyncTasks and Loaders.
Frameworks: You have heavy-duty experience with Activities and Fragments, especially as it relates
to things like their lifecycle, using ListViews and view recycling, and the use of XMLs and creating
views in code. You also have a good working knowledge of how to deal with UI fragmentation in
Android (ActionBarSherlock), networking frameworks (HttpClient, RestTemplate),
Loaders/AsyncTasks, accessing a database (SQLite) unit testing and dependency injection.
● Get Android app enhancements that support a wide variety of devices to the Play Store on
schedule with our server releases
● Participate in the thoughtful design of RESTful web APIs that support both forward and
backward compatibility (either the app or the server could be updated first)
● Participate in software performance analysis and tuning
● Automate functional testing (Using Robotium) as well as testing for performance and
● Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent
● Experience with the Android SDK (specifically Activities and Fragments)
● BS in Computer Science or related field/degree.
● A portfolio of publicly available apps
● MS in Computer Science or related field/degree
● Experience with iOS and/or BlackBerry
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
We are committed to excellence, and we are passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and, in turn, we offer a work environment that fosters the same.
Send applications to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org