UX / UI Consultant
- Washington, D.C., DC
GTP is committed to providing valuable business and technology consulting services with excellent customer support and timely delivery of client solutions. We believe in strong partnerships which result in rapid ROI and high quality deliverables.
We keep up with the latest trends in the industry and utilize the most appropriate processes and technologies that fit long-term client needs.
Our core focus supports rapid change management initiatives. We utilize Agile, Scrum, and Lean principles and leverage open source technologies, architecture and frameworks to best solve your problems. Our solutions and services support enable the cost-effective management of business systems, and uniquely support both flexibility and controls as defined through the requirements engineering process. Our people, process, and technology expertise allow us to deliver services and solutions that support the agility to embrace the changes of the future.
Partner with us in Enabling your Agile Enterprise!
UX and UI Designer
We are looking for an outstanding User Interface / Experience Designer to join our Product Management Team. In this role, the User Interface / Experience Designer will work with the Product Manager, Creative Director and Designers, Engineers and Customers to create an intuitive and cohesive look, feel and overall user experience for the our digital platform. The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self starter and excellent communicator who possesses a passion for great user experience and the ability to achieve it.
- First and foremost, you should have an excellent eye for design. You should know great web UI when you see it, and be able to explain why it's great (even if you didn't create it!).
- You'll need to be a Photoshop ninja and fluent in Illustrator. You must also know your way around OmniGraffle, Visio or whatever you use to create wireframes.
- You should have at least a working knowledge of XHTML/CSS. If you can cutup your own comps, so much the better.
- Of course, we're looking for self-starters - candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction, and learn by asking the right questions.
- 5-7+ years of experience designing user experiences and interaction design. In addition to web app experience, the ideal candidate will also have experience designing UI for mobile apps for tablets and smartphones, and deep familiarity with the iOS and Android SDKs.
- Design clean, fresh and current user interfaces regardless of device (mobile/desktop/tablet/etc.).
- The ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions.
- Be able to speak the language of back-end engineers, internal business clients and our customers.
- Assist with user research and data collection as needed (user testing, site heat maps, site metrics via Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.) to guide design and performance improvements.
- You flourish in a fast paced, iterative, deadline driven environment, and know your way around project management, including juggling multiple parts of a project and keeping up to date with all the moving parts.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are critical to success among this company of talented individuals.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelorâs degree in a related field
- 5-7 years of UI / UX design experience, with strong visual design experience a must
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS knowledge
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with standard design, documentation, and web analytics tools (Adobe, etc.)
- Keen sense of customer experience and customer needs
- Experience working on transactional Web sites or software applications is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
We are committed to excellence, and we are passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and, in turn, we offer a work environment that fosters the same.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com