Software Engineer in Test Automation
- Reston, VA
GTP is committed to providing valuable business and technology consulting services with excellent customer support and timely delivery of client solutions. We believe in strong partnerships which result in rapid ROI and high quality deliverables.
We keep up with the latest trends in the industry and utilize the most appropriate processes and technologies that fit long-term client needs.
Our core focus supports rapid change management initiatives. We utilize Agile, Scrum, and Lean principles and leverage open source technologies, architecture and frameworks to best solve your problems. Our solutions and services support enable the cost-effective management of business systems, and uniquely support both flexibility and controls as defined through the requirements engineering process. Our people, process, and technology expertise allow us to deliver services and solutions that support the agility to embrace the changes of the future.
Partner with us in Enabling your Agile Enterprise!
Sr. Software Engineer in Test. We are blurring the lines between development and testing to achieve unsurpassed quality software products. The Senior Software Engineer in Test is responsible for developing test frameworks and tools. This position will define, document, analyze, and create and execute automated tests for our products. The qualified candidate will have experience in development and QA best practices and methodologies, collaborating with developers and testers, as well as having strong analysis, problem solving, and time management skills. Be part of an exciting new organizational change; join us as a Sr. Software Engineer in Test!
- Represent test function on Scrum team
- Support fellow developers and actively participate in design and code reviews and suggest improvements
- Develop test frameworks and tools to streamline manual and automated testing (functional, regression, performance, usability and compatibility)
- Partner with developers to design, document, code, and execute tests concurrently with product development
- Provide technical leadership to technical resources
- Communicate issues and status information regarding project activities to Scrum team and management
- Review requirement specifications for testability
- Self-motivate and self-manage in a rapid application development environment
- Take ownership of project components
- Create high quality code and teach team members to do same
- Develop testing strategies to effectively and efficiently test new capabilities and bug fixes, balancing thoroughness and speed to market
- Learn systems quickly and understand feature interaction and how code changes can affect other areas of system
- Mentor lower level team members on testing best practices, controls, and documentation
- Subject Matter Expert on testing a product with ability to write and execute manual and automated testing for many other products
- Build or recommend tools to enhance testing capabilities and help others be more productive in their testing
- Provide input on individual performance reviews
- Provide input on goals and objectives of team
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software development
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years in developing and executing manual and automated test cases for embedded software applications and/or web applications
- Required to have hands-on experience in at least two of the following on high volume systems with large datasets (Terra to Petabyte)
- Programming in Java, and JUnit
- Developing frameworks and/or test harnesses
- Developing and testing Web Services (Java, JSON, XML, WSDL)
- 2-3 years of experience with Agile development, preferably Scrum
- SDLC, development and QA and Automation best practices expertise
- Results oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
We are committed to excellence, and we are passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and, in turn, we offer a work environment that fosters the same.
Send applications to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org