Mechanical Engineer IMS121
- Seattle, WA
Harris Group Inc. is a nationwide full-service, multidisciplinary engineering and design firm, providing our customers excellent service with the selection and implementation of capital and sustaining projects, in both Greenfield and retrofit environments.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with relevant experience in manufacturing and chemical process related projects for the position of Mechanical Engineer to work in our Seattle, Washington office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, organize, execute, and coordinate mechanical engineering assignments.
- Plan, organize, and supervise work of designers and administrative staff supporting those assignments. Serve as technical resource on complex design issues and advanced mechanical theories, concepts, principles, and processes.
- Select and define scope of mechanical-based and related problems to guide investigations. Plan and develop solutions to those problems that often require novel concepts and approaches.
- Interface with key client and project staff in formal, informal and project team meetings.
- Research, design and specify equipment, controls and processes for mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, heat transfer and other chemical process or manufacturing systems.
- Provide clients with assistance during installation, commissioning and start-up of equipment and related systems.
Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A BSME or related degree and 3-7 years post graduate experience including a minimum of 2 years capital project consulting experience in manufacturing or chemical process industries.
- Experience with mechanical systems typically found in manufacturing or process industries such as process waste water, bulk gasses and chemicals, compressed air, chilled and cooling tower water, and steam & condensate, process ventilation and HVAC including their startup and commissioning.
- Ability to apply engineering techniques commonly used in industrial capital projects, such as piping engineering & hydraulic analysis, equipment sizing and specification, pipe stress analysis, and industrial ventilation system engineering.
- Ability to identify, interpret and apply relevant codes and standards to engineering designs.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Working knowledge of office software including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Working knowledge of Pipe-Flo, AutoCAD, CADWorx and Caesar II software a plus.
- PE or ability and commitment to acquire PE registration within two years.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click the “Apply Now!” link below.
Harris Group is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits. All your information will be kept confidential and according to EEO guidelines.