Power Generation Engineer - Mechanical (END058)
- Denver, CO
Harris Group Inc. is a full-service, multidisciplinary engineering and design firm. We help our customers succeed in selecting and implementing capital and maintenance projects in the Energy sector.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer with relevant design experience in power generation and other industrial process facilities to work in our Denver, CO office. Successful candidates must be self-starters with experience as a mechanical engineer on multidiscipline design projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Heat and material balances for gas and solid fuel power generation facilities
- Design and specify equipment for power generation facilities
- Creation of P&ID's and PFD's
- Prepare equipment and construction bid packages
- Establish and manage design budgets, quality and schedule
- Prepare reports and technical evaluations
- Perform calculations
- Lead detailed design development and supervise designers
- Prepare proposals
- Prepare construction cost estimates, and provide engineering support during construction.
- The engineer will coordinate with other disciplines and interface directly with the project manager, construction personnel, and the customer.
The successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of power generation design experience on gas and/or solid fuel plants. The ideal applicant will have the following qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- PE License or ability to attain within 3 years of employment
- Power process analysis software knowledge is essential for success in this position (Preferred: GTPRO, GATECYCLE)
- Knowledge of ASME Boiler & Pressure Codes, Piping Codes and Process Industry Codes
- Leadership skills with the ability to work directly with clients
- Strong achievement orientation and excellent verbal and written communication skills
We look forward to receiving your application!
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click the "Apply Now!" link below.
Harris Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Code: END058