Contracts Support Specialist
- DTRA, Fort Belvoir, VA, us
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
We are looking for a Acquisition/Contract professional to provide contract acquisition support to our Department of Defense customer. This individual will work on-site within the Office of the CIO at Ft. Belvoir and will work amongst program and contract staff to support our Government Program Manager.
Program Management Support
- Assist program and project managers in the developing statements of work, purchase requests and technical evaluation plans. This assistance includes, but may not be limited to, researching and advising on acquisition regulations and policies, advising on pros and cons of alternative acquisition approaches, advising on format and style of acquisition documents and reviewing draft documents for compliance and completeness.
- Advise program and project managers concerning contract administration requirements.
- Advise senior managers on acquisition policies and processes as requested to identify problems and enhance efficiency.
Cost and Pricing Support
- Provide Cost and Pricing support including assisting in the development of Independent Government Cost Estimates.
- Assist in analyzing market research responses submitted for contracts and contract modifications.
Contract Administration Support
- Assist in the preparation of solicitation material.
- Perform market research to determine reliable, competent and capable sources for solicitation, justify the need for adequate competition, the most cost efficient path of contracting and specific terms and conditions related to requirements.
- Provide administrative support for maintaining Contracting Officer’s Representative files.
- Provide contract administration, including acquisition statistical reporting (e.g. Procurement Administrative Lead Time) and/or other workload tracking
- Review and edit acquisition documents to achieve clarity and specificity understandable by all readers.
- Have the flexibility and insight to understand and work with all participants in working toward contract award: Contract Specialists, financial managers, CORs, and technical managers.
*SECRET Clearance required, Top Secret preferred
The individual must have:
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years of experience performing the duties listed above.
- DOD Contract and Acquisition support experience/knowledge of federal and agency laws, regulations, and procedures.(i.e. FAR)
- Experience providing market research/understanding of government-wide acquisition contracts (GWACs), federal supply schedules (FSSs), FedBizOpps(FBO) and other contract vehicles.
- Knowledge of contract administration principles and the practices to monitor and modify contract performance, including review of CDRLS and invoices, contract Period of Performance (PoP).
- Experience supporting acquisition/contract types to include multiple award contract vehicles and different contracting structures (e.g. Cost Reimbursement, Fixed-Price, Grants and Other Transactions.
- Ability to work analytically in a dynamic environment with the independence to work multiple time-sensitive projects
- Have strong written and oral communication skills commensurate with explaining and documenting the knowledge described above.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.