Sr. Policy Analyst
- USAID, Washington, DC, us
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
This is a full-time position with Highlight Technologies to support USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL), which develops policies and strategies that guide and help USAID achieve their worldwide mission to end extreme poverty and help develop democratic societies.
The Sr. Policy Analyst will be expected to work closely with offices across PPL, other Agency bureaus, missions, senior leadership, interagency counterparts, think tanks and other civil society organizations and other stakeholders to advance USAID and USG development policy priorities.
You will be expected to contribute to emerging policy issues and issues of cross-cutting importance, such as writing papers, developing presentations and providing policy analysis on key issues related to USAID priorities. You will also be expected to ensure a rigorous approach, seek inputs from leading experts wherever they may be, leverage existing expertise and data within the Agency, and translate findings into implications for the practice of development assistance planning and programming.
- Develop cogent and sound analytical pieces and presentations concerning top Agency and U.S. government priorities and emerging priorities in global development policy dialogues.
- Provide research, analytical contributions, including what-if scenarios,cost/benefit analyses, and other inputs to policy analysis underway by other team members, other PPL Offices and other Agency Bureaus, to bolster the evidence/analytical base of these products.
- Draft talking points and briefing papers for senior Agency leadership on a wide range of development policy topics.
- Assist in cultivating strong relationships within the Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning, across USAID bureaus, across other agencies and departments of the U.S. government, and with external partners, including global development scholars and analysts, to demonstrate Agency policy expertise, facilitate knowledge sharing, and improve USAID outreach and thought leadership.
- Policy Analysts may also be tasked with developing and establishing new concepts and activities related to policy analysis such as launching a new working paper series or seminar series.
- The Policy Analyst may be asked to assist or serve as a team member in formal assessments of the implementation of Agency Policy, Strategy and Visions.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Master’s degree in relevant field (eg. Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, International Development, International Affairs, International Public Health) with ten years of work experience or Bachelor’s degree with fifteen years of experience.
- Work experience related to global development issues and including experience related to the development, analysis or implementation of US government global development policies.
- Inclusive development experience, including indigenous peoples and youth.
- Proactive communicator with strong writing skills.
- Flexibility; ability to support shifting workstreams.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.