Performance Monitoring Specialist
- USAID, Washington, DC, us
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
The Performance Monitoring Specialist(s) will assist PPL in building USAID Mission capacity and facilitating a process of change management in support of its performance monitoring reforms across the Program Cycle. The Specialist also provides direct technical assistance to USAID Missions implementing ADS guidance on performance monitoring.
- Communicating with Missions on Program Cycle-related issues.
Supporting USAID to institutionalize performance monitoring practice and policy as part of the Program Cycle
- Routinely liaising with PPL/LER and PPL/SPP as appropriate, to stay current on USAID’s latest performance monitoring policies and practices, as well as their relationship to broader program cycle issues.
- Coordinating and providing support to Missions on Performance Monitoring (PM) and operationalizing the PM Standardized Mission Order.
- Supporting ADS 201 compliance and best practices by Missions.
- Creating tools and checklists to help guide Mission staff through the process of daily performance management from the activity to project and strategy levels in the Program Cycle.
- Updating Performance Monitoring guidance to reflect updates to Performance Monitoring policy
- Supporting communication efforts to ensure the updates to Performance Monitoring policies are understood across missions and Washington bureaus.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.
- Master’s degree with 5 years of experience, or bachelor’s degree with 10 years of work experience.
- Experience on indicator selection and Performance Management Plan or Monitoring and Evaluation Plan development.
- Knowledge of the USAID Program Cycle, USAID ADS 201 industry performance monitoring methodologies preferred.
- Skills in promoting process improvements and maintaining client confidence while facilitating a process of change management
- Demonstrated flexibility, a problem-solving attitude, capacity to work within complex teams, and ability to thrive in a fluid environment.
- Ability to travel and work remotely in coordination with multiple stakeholders in different geographic locations.
- Previous international development experience that encompasses performance monitoring and reporting responsibilities is desired.
- Extensive experience with Excel required.
Highlight Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.