- 300 C St SW., Washington, DC, us
Investing in People, Serving our Nation
Highlight Technologies is seeking a Auditor Specialist to support our government customer with financial & grant management.
You will examine audit report financial information for compliance with audit requirements under OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations, provisions to ensure results are achieved and Federal resources are properly safeguarded and expended.
You will support Grants Officers, Program Specialists, Grants Specialist, and the Audit Resolution team with a variety of technical financial related analysis designed to ensure timely and effective actions are taken to establish final resolution of any monetary and management findings contained in the audit reports of the Office of Head Start grantees.
- Perform initial comprehensive review of official audit report; reviews statutes, legislation, regulation, and directives that govern the financial aspects of the Head Start grant.
- Receive audit assignments through the Office of Grant Management (OGM) Audit Resolution Monitoring Tracking System (ARTMS).
- Perform detailed research and analysis of audit reports to determine the nature of the report’s findings.
- Discuss findings with the Audit Resolution Team Lead and other OGM/OA staff in order to determine the manner in which the findings will be handled.
- Review official audit files, as necessary to obtain information relevant to the audit findings.
- Review and analyze financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Reports, Notes to the Financial Statements, and prior audit findings report).
- Coordinate, as necessary, with relevant programmatic and or financial staff, auditors and grantees.
- Develop recommendations on actions OGM can take to properly resolve both monetary and non-monetary findings.
- Prepare all necessary documentation to fully resolve all outstanding audit findings.
- Review audit resolution materials and documents upon approval and signature by appropriate officials to ensure the audit files consist of the appropriate evidence.
- Perform additional technical audit resolution grant related activities as requested by the Grants Office and the Audit Resolution Team Lead. .
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- 5 yrs of experience providing grants & financial management support.
- Certified Public Account(CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor(CIA) preferred
- Background in Accounting, Finance, or Buisness
- Bachelor's Degree (which includes 24 credit hours in accounting)
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, and practices necessary to conduct the normal Audit Resolution function.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations 45 Parts 75 (Uniform Guidance).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.