Audit Support Analyst
- USAID, Washington, D.C., us
This is a full-time position with Highlight Technologies to support USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL), which develops policies and strategies that guide and help USAID achieve their worldwide mission to end extreme poverty and help develop democratic societies.
You will provide high-level technical support to PPL’s performance audit management program and various offices/teams and Bureau leadership in order to support Bureau and Agency efforts to respond to audit reports and recommendations, completely and in a timely manner. You will provide technical assistance, research, analysis and policy support in the area of performance audits and related subjects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced research on topics relating to existing or planned policies and other issues relating to PPL’s portfolio of responsibilities;
- Monitor notices from Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Office of the Inspector General (OIG,) task out to Bureau Audit Management Officials (AMOs);
- Develop timeline for implementation of recommendations and drafting of audit responses;
- Lead the clearance of Statements of Action and audit responses through Agency process;
- Liaise with GAO, OIG, and USAID’s Bureaus and Front Office;
- Attend pre-meets and entrance and exit conferences;
- Monitor the status of recommendation implementation and submissions for closure; follow up on deadlines;
- Submit information into Consolidated Audit Compliance System (CACS) and ensure accuracy of submissions;
- Assist in the preparation of the final closure request with the Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) and others;
- Provide substantive input in the drafting of briefing materials for senior PPL members;
- Draft policy papers, how-to and other guidance documents, reports, summaries and other written documents;
- Provide information needed to formulate development strategies and policy;
- Planning and preparing for the Agency’s performance audit function being located in PPL’s successor.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Current Secret Clearance required.
- Mid-level program Analyst requires Master’s degree in relevant field with 5 years of work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of work experience.
- Experience working on issues of foreign policy and development, auditing, or other relevant areas as required.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate complex programming concepts into clear, concise written documents and oral presentations required.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team. Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of large size entities working in international development or foreign affairs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.