Construction Field Inspector
- New Orleans, LA
Hammerman & Gainer (HGI) is a Louisiana-based program management and third party administrator company. For over 80 years, HGI has worked with insurance companies, corporations and governmental entities distinguishing ourselves from competitors by designing and implementing systems, processes and policies that meet the complex legal, regulatory, and administrative requirements of our clients. Today, HGI's continued success is the direct result of matching our resources with our client’s needs in order to mitigate their exposure to risk and preserve their assets. Our client list is as diverse as the markets we serve!
HGI’s corporate office is located in the greater New Orleans area, but with a national footprint of regional offices in Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C. HGI is also licensed to provide healthcare administrative services in all 50 states and Washington D.C.
HGI is in need of Construction Field Inspectors on a full-time basis. This position is based out of New Orleans and will require traveling. This individual will meet our applicants at their homes to interview them, explain the program and determine what construction renovations they performed under one of our previous programs. This individual will measure the interior and exterior of residential structures and determine whether elevation or shoring activities were conducted. This individual will supply applicable documents to our applicants and complete required checklists. This individual will receive training, supervision, and support from more senior construction staff.
Knowledge And Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree in construction or related field or high school diploma with equivalent experience.
• Basic understanding of construction principles and standard building practices
• Must have familiarity with a broad spectrum of construction materials, material grading, methods and processes.
• Ability to accurately measure using standard and laser tape measures
• Ability to use a digital camera and GPS
• Willingness to travel to multiple construction sites daily
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Capacity to handle pressure on a daily basis.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
• HUD CDBG or HUD CDBG-DR experience a plus
• Pass a basic construction knowledge test
• Pass a drug screen
• Pass a background check
• Must have reliable mode of transportation
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hammerman & Gainer, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EEO is the Law. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf