Construction Support Staff
- New Orleans, LA
Hammerman & Gainer (HGI) is a Louisiana-based program management and third party administrator company. For over 80 years, HGI has worked with insurance companies, corporations and governmental entities distinguishing ourselves from competitors by designing and implementing systems, processes and policies that meet the complex legal, regulatory, and administrative requirements of our clients. Today, HGI's continued success is the direct result of matching our resources with our client’s needs in order to mitigate their exposure to risk and preserve their assets. Our client list is as diverse as the markets we serve!
HGI’s corporate office is located in the greater New Orleans area, but with a national footprint of regional offices in Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C. HGI is also licensed to provide healthcare administrative services in all 50 states and Washington D.C.
HGI is in need of Construction Support Staff on a full-time basis. This position is based in New Orleans. This individual will work as part of a construction team and coordinate with other departments to support the field inspectors and create final cost estimates from field inspection checklists and other documentation. This individual will receive training, supervision, and support from more senior construction staff.
Knowledge And Skills Required
• Advanced understanding of construction principles and standard building practices
• Must have familiarity with a broad spectrum of construction materials, material grading, methods and processes.
• Strong proficiency with Xactimate estimating software, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe distiller, Paper Port and the ability to learn proprietary software.
• Must possess the ability to read and interpret construction notes, drawings, and photos and identify discrepancies or conflicts within these documents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time management and organizational skills with the capacity to handle pressure on a daily basis.
• Ability to work in a team environment to produce deliverables that adhere to deadlines
• HUD CDBG or HUD CDBG-DR experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in construction or related field or equivalent experience
• Managing field inspector’s schedules
• Preparing field inspection packets
• Updating all computer systems statuses
• Daily field data intake
• Creating estimated cost valuations
• Problem solving between departments
• Managing teams inventories
• Documenting final deliverables
• Pass a basic construction knowledge test
• Pass a drug screen
• Pass a background check
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hammerman & Gainer, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EEO is the Law. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf