Webinar Producer Intern
- 1380 Monroe Street, NW, Washington, DC
iBlack is an early stage startup with a mission to become the leading lifestyle portal for black America. We host up to 30 unique lifestyle events per month such as formal events, tastings, “learn how to” classes, nightlife tours and parties, seminars, guided tours, online trainings, and special events like New Year's Eve and other Holiday parties.
Our culture is very laid back. Think silicon valley start up. Our company is fast paced, exciting and highly value creative thinking and initiative. You will have access to internal company technology and resources necessary to be successful in a virtual office environment.
iBlack is seeking an intern who is interested in creating, organizing, coordinating, and hosting webinars of interest to the iBlack client. The work is a lot of fun, very social, and is an ideal experience for people with entrepreneurial aspirations. We are looking for people who are reliable, have excellent social skills, well organized with great communication and collaboration skills. Candidates must be knowledgeable and experienced with technology and comfortable working in a virtual office environment. Interns need to be flexible concerning daily tasks and be able to adapt to rapidly changing projects.
In addition, applicants must be creative and driven to help make this startup business a success. We are looking for entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and coach-able individuals with goals beyond just having a job.
Major Internship Duties:
- Researching webinar topics and speakers
- Contact speakers and scheduling conference calls
- Creating online registration
- Provide webinar descriptions and promotional material to marketing team
- Facilitating/Moderating webinars
- Prepare follow-up emails/surveys to webinar attendees
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
This is a non-paid academic internship which provides an educational and résumé building opportunity. This position will allow you to hone your skills and gain a deeper understanding of concepts critical to your career goals. Excellent references will be given based on performance.
- Students applying for this internship should be Public Relations, Communications, Marketing/Business or Journalism majors.
- Applicants should have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience
- is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
- Computer and Internet access required.
- Comfortable with public speaking and giving presentations.
• Candidates will spend 3-4 months working with the event planning team.
• Required 10 - 15 hours/week.
• Candidates are NOT required to work between normal hours (9:00AM-5:00PM). iBlack has a virtual office environment
• Candidates will be required to participate in a weekly team meeting via conference call.
• Candidates will be required to track their time and company activities.
• We provide our interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship.
- Interns may be considered for full time positions as these positions become available.
It is the policy of iBlack to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status.
We look forward to receiving your application. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.