Graphics Design Intern
- 1380 Monroe Street, NW, Washington, DC
iBlack is an early stage startup with a mission to become the leading lifestyle portal for black America. We host up to 30 unique lifestyle events per month such as formal events, tastings, “learn how to” classes, nightlife tours and parties, seminars, guided tours, online trainings, and special events like New Year's Eve and other Holiday parties.
The work is a lot of fun, very social, and is an ideal experience for people with entrepreneurial aspirations. We are looking for people who are reliable, have excellent social skills, well organized with great communication and collaboration skills.
We are seeking (2) interns to help design marketing materials for 20 - 30 events per month and the online community built around these events. Types of projects may include website design, print and online advertising, logo design and development, collateral design and event graphics design, and video creation and editing.
Candidates must have graphics experience and be knowledgeable and experienced with technology and comfortable working in a virtual office environment. Interns need to be flexible concerning daily tasks and be able to adapt to rapidly changing projects.
In addition, applicants must be well organized with excellent communication skills, be creative and driven to help make this startup business a success. We are looking for entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and coach-able individuals with goals beyond just having a job.
Our culture is very laid back. Think silicon valley start up. Our company is fast paced, exciting and highly value creative thinking and initiative. You will have access to internal company technology and resources necessary to be successful in a virtual office environment,
This is an unpaid internship, however the interns selected have the opportunity for high level full time employment and the ability to receive company stock options upon completing certain initiatives. This is an extremely unique opportunity for a group of very motivated individuals to create a business with the help of experienced entrepreneurs. The experiences gained from this position will be unparalleled and invaluable and will set each of these individuals up to be incredibly financially successful.
• Design graphics for 20 - 30 events per month as well as the online community built around these events
• Create graphics for advertiser and partner organizations
• Establish milestones, goals and track progress
• Generate reports on project status
• Work with the other teams to brand events
• 3D design
• Web design
• Development and maintenance of existing graphics
• Video creation and editing
• Proficient skills in Adobe Suite CS5
• General understanding of branding
• Must have a passion for the creative development process
• Strong listening skills and the ability to be open to new ideas from team members, coworkers, industry sources and clients.
• Ability to manage several projects with keen attention to details and process
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
• Possess creativity, energy, and boundless ideas
• MUST be knowledgeable and experienced with technology and comfortable working in a virtual office environment
• Basic HTML 5, App, Widget, Wordpress Web design and development skills a plus
• Candidates will spend 3-6 months working on the business development aspects of our start up business.
• Required 10-15 hours/week.
• Candidates are NOT required to work between normal hours (9:00AM-5:00PM) except for specific reasons such as a planned meeting.
• Candidates will be required to track their time and company activities.
• Studying for or recently graduated with a degree in Graphic Design preferred
• Strong analytical skills Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• We provide our interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship
It is the policy of iBlack to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status.
We look forward to receiving your application. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.