Spanish Langauge Activity Leader
- San Francisco, CA
Come work for California’s first B-Corp certified Education Company! Careers at i-Immersion provide an opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic and talented team. It is an exciting responsibility you do not want to miss! I-Immersion has a unique mission in providing a well-rounded foreign language experience for children and their family and we are proud that so many people- from 200 to 400 families- place their trust in us every season. Our passion for lifelong learning extends to jobs at i-Immersion, where our para-educators enjoy careers that are both challenging and rewarding. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a creative atmosphere where you can grow in the field of education, immersion, and childcare.
- To actively promote i-Immersion’s mission and branding at the class site where your assignment is based.
- To lead a high-quality and dynamic class consists of gradual immersion activities to children of mix age (Pre & K; K-5) and mix levels (zero exposure to fluent).
- To identify moments where foreign language learning can be incorporated so that students can be inspired to speak and utilize the foreign language in an everyday setting.
- To introduce students to the culture and lifestyle in regions and communities where the target language is used.
- To complete all class-related administrative work (rosters, progress reports, incident reports, discipline referrals).
- To prepare for and engage parents and guardians in Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- To prepare for and present an end-of-semester performance.
- To assume the role as a “Work Buddy” in sharing ideas with new Activity Leaders and creating a collaborative work environment.
- Great with children and previous experience working in an environment with children (preferably preschool and school-age).
- Ability to work independently in own classroom with minimum supervision as well as in a team setting during meetings and trainings/workshop.
- Outgoing, creative and resourceful.
- Able to learn, adapt and follow the i-Immersion teaching philosophy as presented in info sessions, trainings, and Work Buddy sessions.
- Comfortable communicating with parents/guardians and school administrators in English regarding class progress, administrative issues, and the students’ behaviors.
- Able to pass TB clearance prior to working.
- Fluent in English and the target language (Spanish or Mandarin).
- Organized and tech savvy (80% of communications and documents are done on the web via Gmail, Google Drive, Company Website).
- Able to create, plan and organize language and social activities.
- Knowledge of rules and policies of the public school system.
- Interested and able to organize activities such as arts & craft, drama, fitness, and other age-appropriate showcases.
- Current first aid certificate.
Compensation: Based on experience and qualifications.