- Toronto, Canada
ABOUT iQ Food Co.
Launched in 2011, iQ has quickly become one of the fastest growing healthy take-out restaurant concepts in Toronto. By bringing together beautiful store design, world-class service and delicious and beautifully presented food, the Company is set on becoming the most innovative retailer of healthy food on the planet. iQ currently operates two stores in Toronto with the intention of growing to five locations by the end of 2014. iQ is ultimately looking to take the concept international to markets across the globe.
You will be joining one of the fastest growing healthy take-out restaurant concepts in Canada!
Experience Supervisors assist in leading all aspects of our front of house operations. Working as liaisons between our Experience Managers and our team of Brand Ambassadors, Experience Supervisors act as the glue that holds our front of house teams together. They were likely once rock-star Brand Ambassadors who made a name for themselves within our organization.
Apart from possessing a genuine passion for food, health and wellness, Experience Supervisors have a passion for the highest levels of service. They are comfortable leading teams and help maintain a cool, calm and collected front of house staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Experience Manager in hiring, training + managing a knowledgeable, efficient and personable team of Brand Ambassadors and Bussers
- Ensure your team exemplifies iQ’s brand values and shares our passion for health, wellness and delicious food
- Create a positive workplace and encourage dialogue and communication amongst team members
- Assist the Experience Manager in setting schedules for your team each week
- Ensure all front of house areas are impeccably organized + clean at all times
- Ownership of all merchandizing efforts (following company directive to create a first-class merchandizing experience)
- Fluency with all front of house equipment (espresso machines, POS Systems, music systems, etc.)
- Assist your Experience Manager with ordering
- As an Experience Supervisor, you will often work alongside your team:
- During busy breakfast, lunch and dinner rushes – work with your team of Brand Ambassadors to interact with guests, take orders and make specialty drinks (espresso, tea, smoothies, etc.)
- Create a culture of confidence, efficiency and positivity by training your team correctly and helping them to improve and learn daily
- Working hand in hand with your restaurant’s Experience Manager to achieve monthly performance goals (e.g. labour costs, order accuracy, etc.) set out by the company
- Passion for health and wellness
- Passionate about food
- Team oriented (appreciates when the team as a whole succeeds)
- Neat and tidy personal appearance + hygiene
- Highly positive person
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, justify opinions, and make a logical case for any meaningful project you are working on
- Willingness and ability to teach others and to provide positive leadership
- Demonstrate motivation to learn and develop on a daily basis
- While not mandatory, prior experience in a retail environment is highly preferred
Don’t Forget The Perks!
- Competitive compensation package
- Complimentary food at our restaurants (as per staff meal policy)
- Free coffee + tea