Night Kitchen Assistant and Dishwasher
- Toronto, Canada
iQ Food Co. (www.iqfoodco.com) - one of Toronto's most innovative healthy take-out eateries - is opening its third location in late March and is looking for a rock-star team. Focused on recruiting a team based on personality and positive attitude rather than strictly prior experience, the Company will be holding a hiring meet and greet this Saturday, March 8th from 11:30AM - 2:30PM (details below). Pop by with your resume. Say hello to our team. Learn about the positions we've got available. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Sip on an espresso or superfood smoothie. Let's get the conversation started!
Saturday, March 8th - 11:30AM - 2:30PM
iQ Food Co.
181 Bay St.
*corner of of Bay / Wellington, on the south side of Wellington St. just east of Bay*
Night Kitchen Assistants / Dishwashers are some the hardest working and most highly respected members of the iQ team. They are those working while the world sleeps, and their dedication allows us to open our stores each morning, fully prepared and ready to go. They are primarily responsible for assisting our night Food Prep teams with basic food preparation and packing., as well as washing and organizing the pots, pans and smallwares in our restaurants. Their ability to assist in various areas of the restaurant makes their contributions invaluable.
Expectations for this role are set high. Night Kitchen Assistants / Dishwashers must be able to perform some of the more physically demanding work in our restaurants with a tremendous amount of care. They must take pride in their role and understand that their impact is immense.
PRIMARY DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assisting our team with any other food preparation needs that may arise as a result of a busy work day
- Using both manual and automated techniques to wash pots, pans and smallwares (amongst other things)
- Organizing all washed items and ensuring that they are in their right place within the kitchen and restaurant
- Secondary duties include storage runs as well as general cleaning duties including mopping of floors and assisting in the general clean up of our shops
- Prior experience in a restaurant kitchen is required
- Prior experience as a dishwasher, while not required, is preferred
- Hard working and humble
- Takes pride in a clean, neat + organized workspace
- Ability to work quickly (speed is important in this role)
- Ability to lift 25 kg’s
Hours of Work: approximately 10PM - 6AM (Sun - Thu)
This position is part-time, approx. 25 hours per week.
Don’t Forget The Perks!
- Pay begins at $12.50 / hour
- 70% off food at our restaurants (as per staff meal policy)
- Free coffee + tea (during hours of operation)