Software Test Engineer, IT, Customer Support for Social Media/Presence startup in Sacramento, CA
- Sacramento, CA
iSnap is growing fast as a premiere social presense/marketing company and is looking for someone with a knack for breaking software systems, able to provide world-class customer support, and can help with in-house IT. We believe that software testing and support goes hand in hand; the better the software, the less support we will need to offer. You will also be expected to build systems and processes around QA and customer support to improve and optimize the system for yourself and others. You will be working closely with the co-founders of iSnap and a small, cross functional team.
If you are looking for a comfortable 9 to 5, please do not waste either of our time. For those motivated self starters looking for a serious challenge, a professional environment to push their skills, and want to do something that touches millions of people, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with your resume, provide a brief summary of why you want to work at iSnap and why you would be a good fit. To learn more about iSnap, visit www.isnap.com/corporate. Ultimately we are looking for people that understand what it takes to build a successful company, and have the tenacity to make it happen!
Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- We are quick and agile in our development cycle. Upon every release, testers are expected to understand the changes, ask the right questions, and write/perform test cases around new features. Environments include Windows 7 and Linux platforms.
- Responsible for the quality of every release. Control the process of testing, staging, deployment. Remember that these are ‘self-service’ devices, often not in the reach of a technician, so quality is key.
- Work closely with the manufacturing team to maintain a high level of quality and development improvements for our physical products.
- Provide world-class 1st and 2ndlevel customer phone support for our product, services, network/internet connectivity, and general computing.
- Initial response time: how quickly are we responding to customers.
- Resolution time: how long it took to resolve the issue.
- Customer satisfaction: how the customer ‘feels’ about the support provided to them
- Build training material, create videos, write/maintain articles and documentation for our knowledge base. Provide product and services training to new and existing customers.
- Able to periodically take calls off hours and during weekends.
- Proactive support, monitor the health of our network of devices and work with customers to make sure their unit is operational.
- Work with our customers in various ways to make sure they are ultimately successful!
- Offer general IT support for Windows, Macs, Linux. Computer troubleshooting, networks, phones, etc…
- Server and Database support: Windows Server, MS SQL, LAMP
Personal Skills and Traits
- Perfectionist: A keen eye for quality, and a desire to maintain high quality in all aspects. Urge to make sure nothing was forgotten or left out. i’s are dotted, t’s are crossed.
- Empathetic and personally caring to customer. Beyond the technical aspects, making sure their customers are successful and well taken care of.
- Highly independent. Sees opportunities to expand, fix problems and make improvements without being told to do so.
- Ability to work with others in different job functions and domains.
- Fast learner and highly adaptable in a open environment.
- Aggressive in making sure things get done and quickly, not afraid to ask questions and push to get what they need.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.