- Los Angeles, CA
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
Position: Database Architect
Location: Woodland Hills CA
Duration: 3 Months
We need to emphasize that this is an ETL Developer position for candidates who can demonstrate proficiency in custom/hand coded ETL processes as we do not have access to tools such as Informatica, Data Stage, or Data Integrator.
Senior ETL developer to develop ETL processes in Oracle on UNIX platform for Business Objects applications. Requires strong experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Data Warehousing, and ETL processes. Business Objects (Universe and Report development) and UNIX shell scripting experience very helpful. Entertainment, financial or royalty experience a plus. Position responsibilities will include hands on development, as well as interaction with the business or other IT groups.
- The team is responsible for application development, maintenance and support of production applications.
- Team utilizes standard development methodologies and tools to share code and track issues/enhancement requests and resolutions.
- Team includes members that are responsible for creating requirements and working with the development team to answer questions and clarify functionality.
- Development must be made in a timely manner as we support global applications and extensive downtime is unacceptable.
- It is expected that everyone in the department is a team player and works well with all of the other members of our department.
Current applications have been developed using several of the following technologies: XML, XSLT, ASP.NET, WinForms, Java Script, Visual Basic .NET, Visual Studio .NET, CSS, DHTML, Visual Source Safe, C Sharp, IIS, Oracle, SQL Server, BizTalk, Silverlight, and Business Objects.
Programming duties will include designing the application, including documentation, developing the framework and reviewing the deliverables for consistency. This position will have to be hands-on as needed to work in the following areas and within departmental guidelines:
- Application Development related to new projects that will be defined
- Enhancements, Maintenance and Support of existing applications
- Adherence to Technology Standards for the department
- Integration with other groups in the company related to hosting, DBA support, Server support and upgrades and production support.
- Develop code in accordance with defined standards and generally accepted practices.
- We expect everyone on our team to present creative solutions to our technology problems.
- Test and document all code changes. This includes unit testing, system testing, performance testing, and capacity testing.
- Perform work in development environment, test in staging environment and work with other groups to push changes to production.
- Account for time spent on activities using time tracking application.
- Meet timelines and communicate with project manager as to progress of open items.
- Minimum 7 years IT experience
- 5+ Years developing in SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with Data Warehousing concepts and processes required
- Experience developing custom (non-tool based) ETL processes required
- Experience with UNIX and Business Objects very helpful.
- Experience with large data volumes highly preferred
- Knowledge of logical and technical database application design.
- Full project life cycle development experience
Education and Additional Experience/Knowledge:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, business or related field
- Equivalent experience may be substituted for degree
If you are interested, please send your updated resume in the word format.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this email and pass it on. I very much appreciate it.
Must have skills:
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Data Warehousing and ETL
- Unix Shell Scripting