Java Software Engineers
- Los Angeles, CA
iSpace is a global services company focused on outsourcing, consulting and staffing. Over the last decade, we have helped numerous corporations and institutions reach their business objectives and IT goals.
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
We are seeking the following Java Software Engineers for our Direct Client.
Position: Lead Software Engineer (Java)
Duration: 6+ Months Contract to Hire
Location: Los Angeles CA
Our Client is searching for a Lead Software Engineer to work with their dynamic team in Playa Vista, CA. This position is responsible for leading a team accountable for new feature development and maintenance. This individual provides guidance to others on technical issues, while executing the technology direction of the department. They also work closely with engineering leadership on design, organization, deployment, and planning of key features supporting sales and editorial initiatives to improve the quality of the user experience, grow our audience and increase ad revenue.
• Feature Architecture, Development and Planning
• Develop and streamline software development processes
• Develop & assist in managing relationships with technology and distribution partners
• Liaise with internal engineering teams, to set strategies and streamline business performance
• Analyze & prospect new opportunities to achieve overall goals of business (revenue, audience, efficiency)
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science or equivalent is required
• 5+ years industry experience with 2+ years management experience are necessary
• Proven leadership skills are a must
• Project management skills and a deep understanding of complex software development problems and processes are required
• Demonstrated skills developing internet-based Java applications and CMS-driven applications are required
• Experience leading a team under Scrum/Agile Software Development is needed
• Excellent problem solving, prioritization and troubleshooting skills are required
• Ideal candidate should have a passion for Sports
• Core Java, J2EE, SaaS and RESTful APIs experience required
• JCR and Sling experience preferred
• High-performance web applications experience needed
• Linux environment experience is required
• Adobe CQ experience preferred
Position: Software Engineer II(Java)
Duration: 6+ Months Contract to Hire
Location: Los Angeles CA
Java Software Development Engineer is responsible for new feature development and maintenance, and acts as a technical lead on a variety of small-scale projects. Engineer provides guidance to other Back End (BE) and Front End (FE) engineers on technical issues, while executing the technology direction of our department. Engineer also works closely with Senior and Principal Engineers on design, organization, deployment, and planning of key features to support sales and editorial initiatives, to improve the quality of the user experience, to grow our audience, and to increase ad revenue.
Position Scope – The following describes the responsibility or impact of this position in terms of employees supervised, annual budget responsibility, and/or potential company revenue (i.e.: sales, scheduling/programming, investing, marketing, new business, etc.).
Essential Functions – Include the essential duties and responsibilities of this position that explains “Why does this position exist?” Do not try and include all the tasks required in the position; include the critical aspects of the job and the end product/result.
% of time spent Listed in order of importance:
1. 70% Work collaboratively with other Engineers on scheduled projects, while upholding the department’s code standards
2. 20% Prepares and approves technical documentation prior to development
3. 10% Provides ad-hoc support to Engineers when questions arise during planning and execution phases
Decision Making Authority - Provide 2 examples of decisions and/or recommendations (D or R) this position makes that demonstrate the amount of freedom there is to act. Identify whether the decision/recommendation impacts: A= this area only, D =the department, or G = this group/division.
Decision/Recommendation: D/R A/D/G
1. Recommends and finalizes technical execution plan for small size projects D D
2. Recommends technical execution plan for mid size projects R D
3. Determines applicability of development tools and adherence to code standards during project execution D D
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform each essential duty.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science or equivalent. Experience 3-5 years
- Must have a deep understanding of complex software development problems and processes.
- Must have demonstrated skills developing internet-based Java applications and CMS-driven applications.
- Experience leading a team under Scrum/Agile Software Development.
- Excellent problem solving, prioritization and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a passion for Sports
Technology/Computer Experience with Core Java, J2EE, SaaS, RESTful APIs. Experience with JCR, Sling, a plus.
- Experience with high-performance web applications.
- Experience with Linux environment.