Infrastructure Design Engineer
- Long Beach, CA
iSpace is a global services company focused on outsourcing, consulting and staffing. Over the last decade, we have helped numerous corporations and institutions reach their business objectives and IT goals.
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
Position: Infrastructure Design Engineer
Location: Long Beach CA
Duration: 3+ Months CTH
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS:
The Infrastructure Design and Engineering team is responsible for developing new IaaS services and optimizing the current service offering. A Design Engineer is tasked with this mission as well as aiding in project prioritization. The deep technical understanding of several technologies will be utilized to orchestrate and automate those areas.
A Design Engineer has a passion for technology which is not limited to only a few stacks but spans across the entire infrastructure.
- Works well in a highly dynamic and energy workgroup with other engineers in the Infrastructure Engineering and Design team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including documentation for operations and delivery teams and presentations.
- Comfortable making both arguments for build-buy decisions.
- Proficient in at least one scripting or coding language.
- Capable of participating in Extreme Programming (Agile) including Pair Programming.
- Demonstrated use of common Infrastructure APIs to solve a business need.
- Rapidly architect, build and test hardware and software prototypes.
- Ability to work collaboratively or autonomously based on project requirements.
- Assist with technology transfer to operations and deployment teams.
- Maintains strong professional contacts through user groups and the like.
- Customer/Mission Orientation: The ability to demonstrate genuine concern for satisfying one's internal and external customers, mindful advocates of our mission to provide quality health services to financially vulnerable families and individuals covered by government programs, and to remove barriers to health services.
- Goal-Oriented Quality Performance: The ability to manage and motivate one's own and one's employees' performance, ensuring commitment to exemplary performance and high quality work by setting clear goals and expectations, and tracking progress, with frequent feedback to allow the celebration of achievements and prompt correction of performance issues.
- Empathetic, Culturally Competent Interpersonal Awareness: The ability to notice, anticipate and interpret the needs, concerns and feelings of a diverse network of coworkers, members and providers, and to communicate this awareness empathetically in a respectful and culturally competent manner.
- Personal/Company Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as an ethical, responsible, reliable, and trustworthy member and representative of the Client’s family at all times in all business affairs.
- Prudent Financial Stewardship: The desire and ability to carefully manage our financial resources as prudent stewards of the public’s funds.
- Infrastructure Design & Standardization – provide consultative services to application team around infrastructure best practices.
- Converged Infrastructure – responsible for design and engineering of compute, storage/backup and network, including virtualization, automation and orchestration.
- Data Center Route/Switch & Telecom HW Infrastructure – design and engineering of all route/switch, including load balancing, active-active network infrastructure, telecom UC infrastructure, gateways and peripherals.
- Client Technology & Infrastructure Services – design and engineering of active directory, file services, messaging (email), Right Fax, VDI, desktop integration, Citrix, DHCP, WAN accelerator, caching devices, etc.
- SharePoint Infrastructure – architecture & design of all SharePoint infrastructure platforms.
- Disaster Recovery System Architecture – data replication between two data centers and high availability configuration for critical systems.
- Capacity Planning and Enterprise Monitoring – responsible for tools architecture and design. Work with the rest of IaaS and PaaS team on requirements in order to plan for capacity demand, enhanced system monitoring capabilities and automation.
- Infrastructure Security – design and engineering of infrastructure security tools (i.e., firewalls, mobile device management, remote communication gateways, etc.)
- Tight integration and collaboration with PaaS Design and Engineering team.
- Level 4 Problem Management Support.
Working knowledge of all and deep expertise in two of the following areas: AD/DNS, Windows, Linux, Server Hardware, Storage Arrays, Security, Networking, Application Delivery, Messaging, Virtualization, Disaster Recovery, and Backup and Restore.
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting and discern (involve and/or exclude) team members based on abilities and past performance.
- Ability to disagree with discretion and consideration when receiving/providing feedback.
- Ability to summarize information and instructions for clarity and understanding.
- Ability to assist in developing and improving department policies and procedures.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Required Education: Associate’s Degree or Equivalent Work Experience Preferred Education: STEM Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 3 Years in Information Technology Related Preferred Experience: 5+ Years in Information Technology Related
Required Licensure/Certification/Associations: ITIL v3 Preferred Licensure/Certification/Associations:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
EMC Associate Level (EMCICA / EMCCIS)
Vmware Certified Professional (VCP-Cloud/VCP-DCV)
Symantec Certified Specialist (SCS)