Sr. iOS Mobile Developer
- Torrance, CA
iSpace is a global services company focused on outsourcing, consulting and staffing. Over the last decade, we have helped numerous corporations and institutions reach their business objectives and IT goals.
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
Position: Sr. Mobile iOS Software Engineer
Location: Los Angeles CA
Duration: 3 Months
Job Description: This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your skills, expertise and enthusiasm at an important point in the growth of one of the world’s leading mobile sports destinations. You will design and develop exciting new sports applications and enhance current products with leading-edge mobile applications.
We are looking for someone who has a solid technical foundation and cares deeply about the quality of their products. If you have a technical background and like sports, there is no better place in the world than to work for our Client.
A successful individual will take great ownership for the quality of all mobile products and driving issues to resolution through the entire SDLC. This individual needs to be extremely self-motivated and driven and be able to maneuver themselves around the organization without much guidance.
• Technical design and implementation of features for iOS applications
• Providing technical expertise regarding strategic decisions related to iOS device and SDK support;
• Architect, implement and unit-test features per product definitions. Test applications for memory leaks, debug crash logs, etc.
• Provide QA with builds, as well as performing actual submission of releases to the Apple App store. This includes tagging builds and other GIT-related responsibilities.
• Identify useful features in upcoming iOS versions; also identify benefits and risks associated with changing the minimum supported Android requirements for the Client’s apps.
Ability to take ownership
• Comfortable collaborating with designers, front-end developers and other team members
• Passion for researching new trends and technologies in the mobile platform space
• Excellent understanding of optimization and performance issues across iOS software layers
• Great sense of pride in your code
• Experience submitting and releasing applications to the Apple App store.
• Ability to work closely with external development vendors across time zones
• Strong teamwork and communication skills
• Strong written and oral command of the English language
Qualifications / Experience requirements:
• 7+ years of professional development experience
• 3+ years Android development
• Deep knowledge of the following:
o Multithreaded Programming
• Expert GUI layout/programming on iOS, including implementing for multiple device sizes
• Experience with multimedia codecs, streaming and video management systems
• Comfortable with XML, JSON, RESTful services, caching, SSL
• Passionate about what is coming up in new iOS releases
• Capable of administering GIT repositories.
• Must have personally released at least two apps in Apple App store (in production) developed by team with 3+ developers
• Practical expertise with CPU/memory profiling
• Knowledge of upcoming platforms such as Android Jellybean, iOS 7, etc
• College degree in CS or related discipline; advanced degree preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and solve complex problems
• Experience working in an Agile development environment on scrum teams a plus
• Web services experience a plus
• Knowledge of sports a plus
• Android development experience a plus
• Windows Phone development experience a plus
3 Months Contract Position