JDE Developer / JD Edwards Developer
- Culver City, CA
iSpace is a global services company focused on outsourcing, consulting and staffing. Over the last decade, we have helped numerous corporations and institutions reach their business objectives and IT goals.
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
Position: E1 Developer / JDE Enterprise One Developer
Duration: 6+ Months CTH
Location: Beverly Hills CA
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for maintenance and enhancement of existing application systems; design and development of new application systems; Help Desk support and troubleshooting for specific applications; and maintenance of documentation for assigned systems.
Functional responsibilities of the Programmer Analyst include:
Analysis and project planning:
• Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
• Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
• Develops and maintains project plans outlining tasks and time tables for developing programs.
Programming and Design
• Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
• Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
• Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
• Develops programs in multiple programming languages.
• Creates test environments by installing necessary hardware and software. Creates test plans and runs them to find errors and to confirm that the new program functions correctly and meets specifications.
• Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
• Analyzes code to find causes of errors and rewrites programs to correct the problems.
• Moves new applications and databases into production environment.
• Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
• May install and test programs at client site.
• Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
• Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
• Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
Training and Support
• Trains end users and/or technical support staff to use programs.
• Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions with program. Provides technical assistance to program users.
• Analyzes, installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs.
• Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
• Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn ways to develop programs that meet user requirements.
Qualification Requirements - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform each essential duty.
Education / Experience - College degree in a related IT or business area.
• Minimum 5 years experience in J.D. Edwards Enterprise One Financials (G/L, A/P, A/R)
• Experience in J.D. Edwards Enterprise One Payroll will be a plus
• Experience in Insight/GL Company will be a plus
• Experience in BI Publisher will be a plus
• Experience in SQL will be a plus
Language / Communication – Excellent oral and written communication skills
Mathematical Skills - Excellent mathematical skills.
Reasoning Skills - Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Other Skills / Requirements:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work well with users, development staff, and technical staff
• Thorough technical knowledge of programming languages, database structures and related technologies
• Excellent analysis and system design capabilities
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem diagnosis capabilities
• Must be result-oriented, team-oriented, client/business-oriented and quality-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to handle pressure and achieve success in a demanding environment
Physical Demands: Frequently required use of hands and fingers to write, manipulate telephone and computer keyboard. Regularly required to hear, talk and use close vision.
Typical tools, equipment and materials utilized: Personal computer, servers, telephone, printer, copier
Work Environment: Primarily works in a quiet professional office environment.
6+ Months CTH