Data Modeler/Data Architect
- Culver City, CA
iSpace is a global services company focused on outsourcing, consulting and staffing. Over the last decade, we have helped numerous corporations and institutions reach their business objectives and IT goals.
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
Position: Data Modeler/Data Architect
Location: Culver City CA
Duration: 12 Months
This is a senior level position with responsibilities to work with our Lines of Business to ensure world-class performance of our very large-scale databases. The qualified candidate must have experience in data modeling, data architecture, enterprise modeling, large database application development, and XML. You should be very familiar with issues like scalability, high-availability, replication, security, and synchronization. You must have current knowledge of SQL and noSQL methods, a modeling tool ERWIN, metadata models, normalized and canonical data structures, and very strong understanding of Unix environments.
Data Architect Role
- Lead projects to refactor and migrate legacy data systems into new architectures and design principles which will support the rapidly changing needs of the digital entertainment industry. This will include defining migration strategies and performing analysis, mapping, data interface changes, and modeling from past state to future state.
- Influence and improve upon data management methods, standards and practices.
- Define and sustain a data management lifecycle, methodology, and templates to maintain the quality and integrity of metadata and data models.
- Leverage your expertise in data management and business analytics to improve data architectures at all levels: staging, transactions, data warehouse, reporting, analytics, research and data-driven automation.
- Possesses experience with master data management, preferably multi-domain MDM, and can blueprint and/or lead MDM initiatives
- Prepare technical assessments and technical architectures.
- Develop, maintain and publish technical standards and system architectures. Prepare and publish technology documents, including technical white papers, system requirement definitions, technical evaluation reports, systems engineering plan and operations readiness plan.
- Work with I.T. Application Development, Application Support, and service areas to assess, design and integrate new systems.
- Establish best practice and methodology in the area of application development and acquisition. Lead the development and selection of new technologies and application development tools.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of application development experience in large-scale OO, client-server, web-enabled and OLTP applications. Experienced with various enterprise data integration technologies and methods including service oriented architectures and MDM.
- Experience in developing policies, procedures and training programs for a technical audience.
- Familiar with application development and deployment life cycle and methodologies.
- Candidate should have demonstrated broad technical knowledge, management discipline, strong leadership and organization skills, creativity and technical vision.
- Management consulting and/or IT consulting on application development and application integration desirable.
- Experience with information management technologies, such as data warehouse, executive information system, data mining, business intelligence and enterprise portals.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong Internet technology and e-business implementation and integration experience.
- Technology consulting and implementation experience with large organizations and installations. E-business and social media data implementation experience a plus.
- Knowledgeable of advanced Internet derived technologies and component based technologies, such as Java, HTML, XML, Portals, Application Server, LDAP, EJB, etc.
- Familiarity with media and entertainment industry is a plus.
- Oracle, SqlServer, noSQL, Erwin, Windows, Java, J2EE, JSP, HTML, XML/XSL, SQL, Business Objects, Webmethods, REST, SOAP, Unix/Linux
12 Months Contract