Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
- Torrance, CA
iSpace is a global services company focused on outsourcing, consulting and staffing. Over the last decade, we have helped numerous corporations and institutions reach their business objectives and IT goals.
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
Position: Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Torrance CA
- Function as technical lead/participant in Business Intelligence (BI) Projects for full life cycle activities: Scope, Design, and Development, Testing, Implementation.
- Work closely and lead Application Teams, supporting Technical Staff, and Business Users to understand business requirements and issues towards determining optimal BI approach.
- Responsible for the design and creation of objects (application system), diagnosing and repairing User issues and system performance issues, testing, monitoring and tuning of application systems and related software.
- Provide consultative skills on departmental applications that have BI components.
- Define, document, implement, and communicate BI solution standards and methodology.
- Apply, comply, and refine BI Reporting and Dashboards best practices and standards.
- Participation in educating IT Teams and Business Users on BI best practices and concepts.
Skills and Qualifications (must have):
- At least 5 years IT experience in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Reporting services, Business Objects, Xcelsius, and Crystal Reports.
- Firm understanding of database systems (SQL Server 2008 and up, DB2, etc.), ETL, Web Reporting, and executive dashboard concepts.
- Good organization skills and possess ability to assemble business information.
- Ability to understand and interpret business and technical requirements and propose viable BI solutions.
- Experience in process flow mapping and requirements analysis.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; including the delivery and creation of presentations (ability to distill complex topics into simple concepts).
- Ability to work with Senior Management, IT staff, and extended User community.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with minimal supervision.