Sr. Software Engineer (Hadoop)
- Glendale, CA
iSpace is a global services company focused on outsourcing, consulting and staffing. Over the last decade, we have helped numerous corporations and institutions reach their business objectives and IT goals.
iSpace services are centered in three areas - IT Outsourcing, IT Staff Augmentation, and Business Process Outsourcing. Our team of seasoned professionals based in the United States and India focus on providing results, driving innovation and affecting outcomes. Our clients have come to rely on our expertise, our commitment to quality, customer service and our innovative approach to problem solving to help create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders.
Specializing in Healthcare, Entertainment, Automobile and Financial Services, we work with Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that over 90% of our client base have remained with us for over 5 years.
Position: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Glendale CA
Duration: 5 Months
The Data Systems Team is responsible for building the data platform within the client. Our systems collaboratively processes Big data of the scale of PetaBytes with high availability. We are looking for someone who wants to develop high volume, high performance scalable systems. The Sr. Software Engineer will explore new technologies, and build new product ideas for high-speed data processing. The ideal candidate will be flexible, self-motivated, and able to work effectively with other disciplines and other development groups across data system. You will lead by example and need to be able to hit the ground running with a team of smart and capable back-end developers. We value passion, creativity, sound engineering practices, accountability, teamwork, cross-organizational collaboration and a desire to improve.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to create high performing, scalable systems using Big Data.
- Develop real-time and batch processing applications.
- Build APIs to expose data collections to a wide array of consumers.
- Contribute towards the preparation, prototyping, and implementation of various statistical models.
- Turn high-level requirements into finished products.
- Implement detailed requirements to spec.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Document and communicate software development best practices.
- Expert knowledge of Java (5+ years).
- Expert knowledge of SQL and traditional databases (5+ years).
- Proficiency in unix/linux based environments (5+ years).
- Experience with large datasets and text processing.
- Experience with REST services and APIs.
- Experience with performance profiling.
- Experience with Hadoop/MapReduce.
- Experience with HBase a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
- Extreme attention to detail.
Mandatory: Java, Big Data, Hadoop, Unix
Desired: HBase, Hive
Java Back end - 6-8 Years
Unix/Linux Scripting - 4-5 Years
Hadoop/MapReduce - 0-3 Years