Senior Embedded Software Manager
- Fremont, CA
Ikanos develops robust, high performance semiconductor and software products. Our advanced communications processors, broadband DSL and other devices power access infrastructure and customer premises equipment for many of the world’s leading network equipment manufacturers and telecommunications service providers. With approximately 90 million devices shipped to date, we are enabling the cost-effective delivery of triple- and quadruple-play services to and throughout homes and offices around the world.
Headquartered in Fremont, Calif., we have offices around the world to service our global customer base. Our engineers are responsible for inventions captured in approximately 400 issued patents and applications. And we lead public standards development by actively participating and contributing to standards bodies such as HomeGrid™, ATIS, Broadband Forum, FSAN, IEEE 802.3, ITU-T, NIPP-NAI, and TTC (Japan).
The Position: Sr. Embedded Software Manager
In this position, he/she will take a leadership position in the architecture, implementation and software processes of Ikanos' DSL physical layer subsystem. This role will involve managing a small group of embedded software engineers as well as providing guidance to several other groups of DSP engineers. In addition this position will take a key leadership position in the design, development and maintenance of our DSL software codebase including operating systems, debug and diagnostic utilities, overall software architecture, DSL state machine management, compiler and simulator systems for our custom DSP processor, software build and release processes, and overall software development processes.
Success in this role means success in delivering results through team work and a relentless focus on what’s best for Ikanos. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into Ikanos every work day with an unwavering belief that you can and do influence affairs for the better and that in turn you will stand to reap the rewards both financially and professionally that your contribution merits.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Candidate must have a minimum of a Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Software Development. Highly desirable if Candidate also has a MSEE with an emphsis in digital communications/signal processing, but that is not required.
- Candidate must have demonstrable experience in developing complex embedded software solutions, ideally for general purpose processors such as MIPs and also for DSP processors
- Proven success managing and driving an engineering team (internal as well as outsourced resources) preferred
- Ability to attract and retain world-class engineering talent preferred
- Candidate must have exceptional skills in C language programming. Experience with C++, JAVA and Matlab is a plus.
- Candidate must have strong grasp of software processes and tools including version management tools, bug tracking tools, complex makefiles, and real-time operating systems.
- The candidate must be completely proficient in C language programming, and in Matlab.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus
- Experience in ADSL, VDSL physical layer software
- Understanding of real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Programming in Java, Perl or Python.
If this sounds like you, and you're ready to join the leading provider of advanced broadband semiconductor and software products for the digital home, we encourage you to apply now.