Senior Applications Engineer Software
- Red Bank, NJ
Ikanos is a publicly traded organization developing robust, high performance semiconductor and software products. Our advanced communications processors, broadband DSL and other devices power access infrastructure and customer premises equipment for many of the world’s leading network equipment manufacturers and telecommunications service providers. We are enabling the cost-effective delivery of triple- and quadruple-play services to and throughout homes and offices around the world.
Headquartered in Fremont, Calif., we have offices around the world to service our global customer base. Our engineers are responsible for inventions captured in approximately 400 issued patents and applications. And we lead public standards development by actively participating and contributing to standards bodies such as HomeGrid™, ATIS, Broadband Forum, FSAN, IEEE 802.3, ITU-T, NIPP-NAI, and TTC (Japan). Our fast-paced, dynamic culture offers the opportunity to make an immediate impact for anyone seeking an exciting career challenge.
Success in this role means success in delivering results through team work and a relentless focus on what’s best for Ikanos. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into Ikanos every work day with an unwavering belief that you can and do influence affairs for the better and that in turn you will stand to reap the rewards both financially and professionally that your contribution merits.
This individual will take ownership in providing software integration and diagnostic support for 2 key customers.
In this position,
- Work with key customers to expedite their efforts to bring-up their systems and work with them to productize their systems.
- Train key customers with our products and will then help them bring up their products, using our refine host software. The work will be both tedious and challenging but will lead to enabling creation of products which have huge impact on broadband access worldwide. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the best engineers on a lot of complex problems.
- Act as the technical front end for all customer issues and features
- Work on the technical issues reported by customers on the new/ deployed product.
- Work on issue reproduction, debugging, fixing and closing the issue with the customer.
- Take ownership and work with across teams to resolve the issue in a timely manner
- This position requires someone with great prgramming skills that has worked on multiple projects helping customers to integrate 3rd party software to bring up their products.
- On the technical side, in depth knowledege of RTOS (such as semaphore, mailbox), C, C++ are critical to be succcessful in this position.
- Strong knowledge of embedded systems. Knowledge of processors and prior experience working on bringup of hardware blocks is also key to succeed in this position.
- B.E./B.S./M.E./M.S. in Computer Science/ Electronics/Electrical & Electronics or equivalent experience
- Processor and hardware knowledge is a big plus
- Knowledge of Ethernet, ATM, Telecom Systems level knowledge
- DSL expertise desired
- Good skills with Logic Analyzer, Scopes and spectrum analyzer
- Prior experience working with customers to bring up complex products is highly desired.
- Ability to interface with engineering to solve client problems
- Ability of solve problem in the field and on site debugging
- Excellent customer interface skills
If this sounds like you, and your're ready to join the leading provider of advanced broadband semiconductor and software products for the digital home, we encourage you to apply now.