Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- Red Bank, NJ
Ikanos is a publicly traded organization developing robust, high performance semiconductor and software products. Our advanced communications processors, broadband DSL and other devices power access infrastructure and customer premises equipment for many of the world’s leading network equipment manufacturers and telecommunications service providers. We are enabling the cost-effective delivery of triple- and quadruple-play services to and throughout homes and offices around the world.
Headquartered in Fremont, Calif., we have offices around the world to service our global customer base. Our engineers are responsible for inventions captured in approximately 400 issued patents and applications. And we lead public standards development by actively participating and contributing to standards bodies such as HomeGrid™, ATIS, Broadband Forum, FSAN, IEEE 802.3, ITU-T, NIPP-NAI, and TTC (Japan). Our fast-paced, dynamic culture offers the opportunity to make an immediate impact for anyone seeking an exciting career challenge.
The Position: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Success in this role means success in delivering results through team work and a relentless focus on what’s best for Ikanos. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into Ikanos every work day with an unwavering belief that you can and do influence affairs for the better and that in turn you will stand to reap the rewards both financially and professionally that your contribution merits.
The candidate needs to be self motivated, energetic and eager to learn.
1) "Within 60 days, the engineer will assume full ability to design and implement data layer drivers and API
In this position, the candidate shall design, implement and maintain the data layer packet processing HW control modules, SW drivers and the associated user application interface functions for IKANOS next generation xDSL CO chipset (v3). The candidate shall also create the unit test and system level validation procedures, and then perform the tests and validations. The candidate is required to create the design and test documents.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of embedded C/C++ programming experience in real time OS.
- Comprehensive understanding of the communication/networking protocols.
- Understanding digital logic and hardware design and being able to read schemetics are highly desired.
- Knowledge of using digital scope and logic analyzer is desired.
- Knowledge of TDM, T1 and E1, is desired.
- Knowledge of Linux OS, is a plus
- Having assembly language programming experience is a plus.
If this sounds like you, and your're ready to join the leading provider of advanced broadband semiconductor and software products for the digital home, we encourage you to apply now.