Product Marketing Manager
- Fremont, CA
Ikanos is a publicly traded organization developing robust, high performance semiconductor and software products. Our advanced communications processors, broadband DSL and other devices power access infrastructure and customer premises equipment for many of the world’s leading network equipment manufacturers and telecommunications service providers. We are enabling the cost-effective delivery of triple- and quadruple-play services to and throughout homes and offices around the world.
Headquartered in Fremont, Calif., we have offices around the world to service our global customer base. Our engineers are responsible for inventions captured in approximately 400 issued patents and applications. And we lead public standards development by actively participating and contributing to standards bodies such as HomeGrid™, ATIS, Broadband Forum, FSAN, IEEE 802.3, ITU-T, NIPP-NAI, and TTC (Japan). Our fast-paced, dynamic culture offers the opportunity to make an immediate impact for anyone seeking an exciting career challenge.
Success in this role means success in delivering results through team work and a relentless focus on what’s best for Ikanos. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into Ikanos every work day with an unwavering belief that you can and do influence affairs for the better and that in turn you will stand to reap the rewards both financially and professionally that your contribution merits.
- Work closely with various internal functions to drive a successful product to market
- Drive field sales force to capture the right design wins and maximize the market potential of the product
- Provide the big picture view to various functions to ensure efficiency in execution and better time to market advantage
- Evaluate the inputs on market landscape to position the product / technology in its best potential – in terms of features, performance and uniqueness
- Be the window and driver for all the information exchanges from customers/market into engineering and vice-versa, to leverage best of the technology/expertise/product strengths
In this position, In this position, as the Product Marketing Manager for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) product line, you will have the responsibility to:
- Define/execute on world-class go-to-market strategies for cutting edge products, as well as identify newer markets and business models.
- Manage complete product lifecycle of assigned products / product lines - ownership from “womb to tomb” (MRD to EOL)
- Promote the product and technology with equipment suppliers, carriers, and service providers.
- Develop specific marketing plans and activities for the assigned product / product line(s) to establish, enhance, or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena
- Oversee market research, monitor and report competitive activity and identify customer needs
- Establish pricing strategies
- Work with internal functions such as engineering, manufacturing, and sales, along with customers and carriers to develop new products or enhance existing product / product lines
- Working with both external customers and internal engineering teams
- At least 5+ years of experience with a semiconductor or system level company bringing solutions to market.
- Experience working with Customer Premises Equipment and Carriers preferred
- Knowledge of digital / analog chipsets and different processes with telecommunications and networking requirements
- System level knowledge of consumer broadband gateways and home area networking technologies including: Wireless LAN (802.11n/ac), Gigabit Ethernet switching, Network Attached Storage (NAS), VoIP, and home automation.
- Knowledge of software requirements for gateway solutions – Linux, OSGI, JVM, etc.
- IPTV infrastructure and eco system knowledge, prior experience in the broadband CPE space are definite advantages
- Experience in defining and articulating market requirements that result in the introduction of timely and winning products
- Experience in all of the communications aspects of successfully launching new products
- Worldwide travel required for at least 25% of the time
- Ability to speak Chinese is a plus!
If this sounds like you, and your're ready to join the leading provider of advanced broadband semiconductor and software products for the digital home, we encourage you to apply now.