Web Application Support Analyst (Configuration, Deployment focus)
- Toronto, Canada
Inspired Staffing Inc.; an IT Staffing firm based in Toronto Canada is looking for a solid Web Application Support Analyst with a focus on build, deploy, release and support experience.
This is for one of our clients located in the North York/GTA area and it is a full time salaried position.
Are you a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-some? Do you have a passion for fixing things and debugging web enabled systems from the networking layer right down to the code level? Have you worked in multi-plaform environments and soar at Development / Build, Deployment and Support activities?
Then we want to hear from you!
The Web Application Support Analyst position requires someone to perform the following daily tasks:
- Provide Level 2 and 3 core application support including code level analysis with occassional development as required.
- Working within Service Levels and Incident Management processes assist with debugging issues - from the network layer all the way to the application layer!
- Execute jobs in Rundeck, Jenkins and CFEngine, to create build and deploy packages
- Maintain and optimize ANT, Maven, Shell and Batch scripts
- Maintain k woledge and source code repository (SVN)
- Maintain monitoring scripts for all services and servers (Nagios, Check_MK)
- Assist with HA/DR objectives, and testing, as required
- Absorb support functions for new applications as part of the support handover process
- Provide after hours on-call support . (On call support is on a rotating schedule for 1 week at a time, approximately once every two months.)
With a "great sense of humour, an easy going yet driven by passion attitude" you will bring your personality, energy and tenacity along with the following technical skills to the team:
- Approximately 2-5 years of support, troubleshooting and problem solving experience coupled with a College or University degree in Computer Engineering or Science.
- Experience in a Software Development / Support role within a multi-platform environment
- Previous experience within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven experience with UNIX Perl Scripting
- Knowledge with Relational Databases such as DB2, SQL SERVER, Oracle, MySQL
- Knowledge with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Knowledge of Maven, ANT, CFEngine, Rundeck, Jenkins/Hudson/CruiseControl
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Knowledge of Apache Web Server, Apache ServiceMix, Tomcat
- Knowledge of XML/SOAP web services, business connectors, APIs
- Working knowledge of JAVA programming, C++ and /or.NET languages
- Ability to be on call and provide technical support as required.
- Some/any exposure with Virtualization (VMWare), SSL, CVS, GIT and Peoplesoft would be a plus but is not mandatory.
- Other related duties as required from time to time.
Inspired Staffing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; however only the most qualified applicants will be selected and contacted directly.
Please submit your resume online via this web posting for consideration.
We look forward to your application!