- Gurugram, Gurugram, Haryana, India
ixigo is an AI-based travel app that helps millions of users plan and book their trips every day. Launched in 2007, ixigo is proud to have built numerous industry-first AI-innovations over the last decade. With pre-emptive help from ixigo at every touch-point of their journey, 150 million Indians are now making smarter travel decisions every year. ixigo uses Artificial Intelligence for deal discovery, personalized recommendations, dynamic marketing, airfare predictions, train delay information, PNR confirmation status, infrastructure cost optimization, business intelligence and providing fully-automated customer service over chat and voice. This makes ixigo a lean, tech-intensive and capital-efficient travel business, serving millions of travelers with a team size of under 200. Founded in 2007 by Aloke Bajpai & Rajnish Kumar, ixigo’s investors include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun RZ Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax.
Role & Responsibility
As a Backend Developer Intern, you will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in the design, planning, development, and deployment and help develop best practices for future development. You will be working closely with Tech, Design and Quality team to build and launch the product and will be responsible for-
- Coding, developing, designing and architecting features related to the existing application. We expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you ship
- Designing, implementing and maintaining highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
- Delivering across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and release products
- Taking responsibility for performance and stability for all server functions
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, preferably from IITs/Top RECs
- Extensive experience in a Java server-side software design and development
- Proficiency in the implementation of algorithms and the use of advanced data structures to solve problems in computing.
- Experience with e-business/e-commerce applications and business environment is a must
- Any experience with internet companies or the travel industry will be a plus
- Good understanding of Java/J2EE and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of data structures and designing for performance, scalability and availability Knowledge in MongoDB and Web services
- Extensive use of Instruments and Shark to detect memory leaks and for performance optimization
- Good grasp of algorithms, memory management, and multithreaded programming
- Good to have - Python, NodeJS, Mysql, Redis, ElasticSearchGreat people skills!
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and to provide hands-on management
- The high energy level and untiring commitment to drive oneself & the team towards goals
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Culture: ixigo is proud to have built an entrepreneurial culture that has become a folk-lore in the startup ecosystem. One in every four ixigems has gone on to build successful startups and companies. Our cultural values of integrity, empathy, ingenuity, awesomeness, and resilience have stood the tests of time and we’ve built a fun, flexible and creative work environment that is driven by people with a high degree of ownership. You will get to work with some of the smartest folks in the Indian startup ecosystem, and solve some of the toughest problems for the next billion users by using bleeding-edge technologies. Oh, and we have an awesome “play” area, great chai/coffee, free lunches (yes, they exist!) and a workspace you will fall in love with.