Software Engineer - Android
- Gurugram, Gurugram, India
Launched in 2007, ixigo is an AI-based travel app based in Gurugram, India. ixigo services Indian travellers and their travel utility, planning and booking problems using technology and artificial intelligence. Offering train, flight and bus utility & bookings, the company applies AI for deal discovery, personalized recommendations, airfare predictions & alerts, train delay prediction, PNR confirmation prediction and automated customer service.
As an Android Developer , you will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in the design, planning, development, and deployment and help develop best practices for future development. You will be part of a young and multicultural team which builds a cuttingedge travel consumer-facing product. You will be responsible for-
- Developing, releasing, and maintaining native Android Applications and oversee mobile application development efforts
- Delivering across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and release products
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Optimizing performance for the apps and keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
Skills & Qualifications
- Candidates with 1 - 2 years of experience
- Experience in developing mobile apps using Android SDK with proficiency in Core Java and design patterns
- Experience with e-business/e-commerce applications and business environment
- Any internship experience with internet companies or the travel industry will be a plus
- Great understanding of Android development SDK
- Expertise in Core Java with solid OOD principles and design patterns
- Good grasp of algorithms, design patterns, memory management, and multithreaded programming
- Conversant with JSON, XML, Web services API
- Experience with SaaS platforms for mobile development like Analytics, Push Notifications, Cloud Storage, Ad Networks, etc
- Handson experience with Android’s debugging, unittesting, memory and performance optimization tools.
- Great people skills